Dependa

By Anonymous - 03/07/2009 23:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend called me explaining that he is getting married this weekend to a woman he met on Craigslist. Why? Because I won't marry him, and he'll make an extra thousand dollars per month having a wife since he is in the army. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 631
You deserved it 12 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Greedy little asshat, you are probably better off without him since he obviously values money over a relationship, honor, self-respect... etc. Look on the bright side. He'll probably catch a whole host of sexually transmitted diseases if he sleeps with her and considering she is off craigslist, he's taking a huge risk.

Comments

rockerchickxd 0

I'm so sorry. You are so much better off without him though if he's going to be like that. You deserve a guy that will love you for you and wait for you to be ready to get married. If you don't believe in marriage, than you guys really didn't belong together. But think about it, do you really want to spend the rest of your life with someone like that? hopefully no, so don't worry God has an awesome guy planned for you and everything will work out for the best :)

I love that finding a random woman on craigslist and marrying her is perfectly legal and yet two people that have been in love for years can't get get married because they're gay. Makes perfect sense. [/sarcasm]

aaaaa12345_fml 0

fags don't deserve rights

kristen94 0

That's your fault you lost him because you would't marry him

whoaa23 0

well it's your fault for not marrying him.

namelessfew 0

YDI for dating an idiot in the army. No one in the army is ever intelligent.

Amber_Mills 0

really? i would love for you to meet my husband then. im pretty damn sure that people in the military build missiles. id love to see you try.

Eeeeh, you kind of deserve it depending on the reason you aren't marrying him I suppose. If you think it's too early or you're not ready, you're better off without that ass, but if you just don't want to marry him in general....then why do you care enough to let this be an FYL?

breathofawen 0

I don't think this is an FML-- it looks like OP dodged a bullet. :D

arichi 0

Pretty sure that a marriage done for the benefits, such as extra pay, is against the UCMJ. And if he decides he wants to get with a woman while he's away, even though he has his technical-wife at home, adultery is also against UCMJ. Violations of either can get him a date with the court-martial and even dishonorably discharged.

Lexia_fml 0

And why are you with this asshole? I think you should somehow mention this to his officers.