By KayleeFrye - 05/03/2016 05:39 - United States - Waterbury

Today, a student threw her hot coffee at me after I told her I was giving her an F. For months I've been telling her she needs to hand in missing work, but she thought I was bluffing. She got suspended, but my clothes are still ruined and I still got burned. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 606
You deserved it 1 791

KayleeFrye tells us more.

KayleeFrye 39

OP here. Luckily, the burn is not bad at all. I don't even need medical attention. The skin is just red and a bit sore, similar to a minor sunburn. It will be 100% gone in another day or two. She was suspended for the rest of the school year. I do not intend to take legal action, because she will likely be back in my classroom next year. (It's an adult education program, so there are no restrictions for accepting students with records. Pretty sure this girl already has a few assault charges in her past.) Thank you for the support and sympathy! :)

Top comments

TabooSushi 24

You could probably press charges against her, as well. I would. Teach that little brat that there are consequences to her actions.

wow, the **** is wrong with her? Hope she gets expelled.

Comments

Definitely press charges and make her pay for any damages. I'm so sorry you went through that op!

You kidding me? If I ever got the chance to hand in late missing work hell yeah I'd take that opportunity! What a brat. I hope your skin heals soon. Having had hot coco thrown on me before, I know that pain. You should definitely think about pressing charges if the burns are bad.

im sorry that happened to you, but honestly at least she got suspended. the school systems where i live, the children get no punishment what so ever. a kid brought a knife to school and threatened a teacher and all they did was give him a slap on the wrist and tell him not to do it again. i hope you recover and feel better soon.

File charges on the POS. Secondly OP, you didn't give her an F, she earned the F.

Take pics of the burns and ruined clothes. You've got enough for a lawsuit

KayleeFrye 39

OP here. Luckily, the burn is not bad at all. I don't even need medical attention. The skin is just red and a bit sore, similar to a minor sunburn. It will be 100% gone in another day or two. She was suspended for the rest of the school year. I do not intend to take legal action, because she will likely be back in my classroom next year. (It's an adult education program, so there are no restrictions for accepting students with records. Pretty sure this girl already has a few assault charges in her past.) Thank you for the support and sympathy! :)

Probably a good idea, don't want her holding a grudge against you when you have to have her again next year. Still, what a hrinous bitch.

sorry that happened, but your nickname is awesome.... browncoats forever :)

I still recommend pressing charges, and getting a restraining order so she CANNOT be placed in your class next year!

I see no reason that you shouldn't have her expelled. Surely if she's done this before & is still doing it that's even more of a reason

I'm an English teacher at a private international school. Believe me, I know how you feel. My school is ok with discipline but it's rare that they ever suspend anyone. I've been physically threatened and I heard of another occasion where a student hit a teacher and got away with it. Good thing they decided not to renew my contract after this year.

I think the fact that it's adult ed actually makes the whole thing worse... I don't envy the grade school teacher who get that pile of joy on the other end of a parent teacher conference some day.

wow. obviously she has issues and can't handle being among other ....humans?? I'm so sorry OP. Bless you for being a strong person! I would have lost my shit on her. I probably would have ended up in jail.

I still press charges because she may do worse to you since she got suspended the rest of the year for her action and think it your fault

Try to get a restraining order. Then she can't be in your class again. I wouldn't want somebody who did that to be in my class again.

NamelessGhoul 11

She attacks a teacher and only gets suspended? She should be expelled if not arrested!

The ironic thing is a coffee ad popped up when I opened this app. But seriously how much of an ass can someone be? She deserves more than just suspension for that. Hope your burns heal soon. FYL

I was reading your comment when I realized there's was a Starbucks ad underneath. Edit: now it changed to another coffee ad. Something is up.

mariri9206 32

After reading your comment about coffee hologram popped out of my screen! somethings definitely up.

Suspended? She should have been arrested for assault and battery. I hope you are seeking counsel for a civil suit.