By Anonymous - 30/04/2014 05:17 - United States - Muncy

Today, while I was making dinner, my husband argued that our new dog has intelligence issues, and we should give him away. I angrily defended the poor thing, and had almost won, until the dog walked over and licked the inside of the hot oven door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 836
You deserved it 6 158

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RedPillSucks 31

This is really an FtDL (**** the Dogs Life)

What I want to know is why the hell the "hot oven door" was able to be licked.. If he just walked over while you were still using it, then I feel more sorry for the dog that you left the hot oven open.. =/

Comments

hope you kept the dog. also hope you respond to the fml

doglover100 28

What dog knows ovens are hot?

Know the feeling, my dog is an absolute idiot. Went out one day, and on my way back I saw a massive long stream of traffic. As I got closer, turned out my dog had escaped and was standing in the middle of the road with his tongue hanging out and tail wagging at the cars that had grinded to a halt in front of him. Had to apologise and drag him back inside. Do love him to bits though! I couldn't get rid of him.

Am I the only one who got teary from this? Poor thing this just ruined my day.

Not tears... I've volunteered in pet shelters. A bit over all the tears. It just made me a little angry. But i can relate, i'll be thinking about it for half the day.

Oh he so won that argument. Sorry OP, I have a dog just like that. Not a beagle by chance is it?

HJKM_fml 19

aww. At least it's better than the dog being so smart that (s)he's constantly outsmarting you.

The dog has only just discovered what "hot" is. Before this he was ignorant, not stupid. He has learned something and should not repeat this behavior. Continue to defend him unless he does this again.

ViviMage 38

Ignorance is if you did it once. Stupid is when you do it again!

winkydink13 6

Well, if you forget that your hot oven is open, maybe your home isn't quite suitable for a dog. YDI

Think for a moment. If he thinks mentally-deficient canine is too much to handle, then how would it be fair to give it away to someone else? They would be in the same situation. Just because the dog's not perfect shouldn't be any reason to give it up. It might not know any better. For all we know, it could be a puppy. He just needs love, attention, and training. He might actually end up to be pretty smart!