Oddly specific

By Angry and Confused - 29/06/2013 09:55 - United States - Reno

Today, my house was broken into. The burglar didn't steal my brand new laptop, iPad or TV. They instead made off with every single item of clothing I own. When I went to turn on my TV to try and distract myself from this, I found all of the cables in back missing. The police don't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 165
You deserved it 2 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

priceyfml 7

How could the police not believe you, the police have to help. Try asking for different officers to report this to.

Looks like you've really been stripped naked.

Comments

priceyfml 7

How could the police not believe you, the police have to help. Try asking for different officers to report this to.

In my area, when emergency personnel don't perform, the news are ALL over it. They shame them into doing their jobs.

I agree, how can they not believe you? If I was a cop I would have believed you. My first question would have been if you had broken up with someone recently or had a really bad fight with one of your friends. This sounds like it was done by someone who knows you. They didn't want valuables they wanted to hurt you OP. Call the cops back and demand they come back. If you don't want to get the cops involved again you might be able to deal with this personally if you can figure out who did this to you, because I really think this was done by somebody close to you.

pinguino3669_fml 23

The police are ignoring a civilian's call for help?! It's probably because they wanted to go hang out at the donut shop instead.

InfamousRaider 15

Your stupid joke about cops going to the donut shop is rediculous

Actually, no, they don't "have to help."

#77 Then what is a police officers' job?

#83 technically police officers are supposed to uphold the peace. And... As far as we have been told, this robbery wasn't violent, or not-peaceful. If you don't understand this, GO AWAY. I rest my case...

85- because breaking into someone's house is a normal and everyday peaceful event

pretty sure they're still supposed to do something if a house is broken into and items are stolen. file some sort of report at least. just because it was "peaceful" doesn't mean it was legal.

jisaac09 25

Police are suppose to serve and protect the community as a whole but not you personally. The supreme court ruled this. They are not required to help YOU.

#90 But since OP is part of the comunity, they'd have to help him, since this is theft and unlawfull breaking and entering/trespassing on private property. But that's just my 2 cents.

The police are required to look into this or at the very least, allow OP to file a police report. They can't prove that you are lying and the best thing to do is file a complaint against the officers or dispatcher that said you were lying. IF you were lying, they are obligated to cite you for filing a false report, or at least warn you. Seeing as they didn't do that, they have no proof that you are lying. Any person is due the right to police aid if it is requested. The crime is not the issue here at this point. OP could easily go buy new clothing and cables in one day and be done with this or even better, call his hous insurance and file a report with them to get reimbursed for the amount. As long as a police report was filed, they have to treat this as a home theft and at least allow you some form of compensation. (if you have home owner's insurance that is). The point now, is that an officer is refusing aid to someone that is asking for it. If someone is saying that a member of the community is not the community at whole they are an idiot. Saying that it requires an entire community to get the attention of the police is absolutely ignorant. That would mean that there would need to be more than one person call in any crime ever. If someone is saying that they are only there to keep the peace they are also an idiot. Police are here to keep the peace, yes, HOWEVER, at what point did theft become ok? Theft is not peaceful, it is a disturbance of peace. I hate cops that don't do their job. This stems from a personal issue, yes, but I have lived around law enforcement for as long as I can remember. Most of my friends are cops and most of my father's friends are cops. As I grew up cops were always near. I know when an officer is being lazy and not upholding the law, and it pisses me off. Police are required to aid you in, at the very least, filing a police report. This should be treated as a petty theft charge. (Dependent upon the sum of the amount stolen) Don't let the police get off with anything. They are leaders in society and should show people how to act professionally and ethically. If they are not doing their job, report them. I've had some bad shit happen because police were lazy and it is costing me a lot. Don't let this happen to you. The most they could do here is file a report anyway though. You should still report them for their actions. Sorry I ranted and sorry I made this reply to #1, but I wanted this to be near the top so people would see it when they view this.

85-They are also supposed to uphold the law. Breaking into someone's house is illegal. Therefore, police officers are supposed to do something

badluckdawson 19

You took this to seriously #97

I spoke the truth and for OP this is a serious matter. Not only was the clothing (which could cost a small fortune depending) stolen, but OP's safe haven, OP's home was broken into. This can have negative issues on one's psyche. Any crime should be treated as any other crime and dealt with appropriately. My issue is with cops that don't do their jobs and crimes that aren't followed up on. You wouldn't pay people to sit on their dead ass at any other place, why would you pay taxes and not expect the best aid you can get from a cop if you need one? My point stands and I am in the right. Crime is serious and should be dealt with accordingly.

Looks like you've really been stripped naked.

...because carrying a tv is too much work. FYL OP

I'm so sorry OP! :( I hope you are able to get a report done, and then buy some new clothes asap!

Llama_Face89 33

Could it be a friend playing a prank on you?

myoukei 31

You know the saying; With friends like these...

My thoughts were a pissed off ex girlfriend. They seem to be the only ones who would think of vengeance's like these

33 - ... who the **** needs Cointelpro?

Maybe it was someone in an unfortunate situation who sincerely needed clothes... Clothes and cable...

Misswildsides 22

It doesn't matter. Stealing is not the answer. You're stealing someone's things, which is practically stealing their hard earned money.

AbstraktThoughts 13

23: Unless OP had stolen them to begin with and the burglar was the rightful owner, coming to claim what was his. OoOoO

Druu 53

No... Stealing someone's wallet is like stealing their hard earned money.... Because it is stealing their money.......…….......

I was, indeed kidding. I was certain the cable comment at the end would have been the giveaway.

I guess they just took what they needed...did they steal all your underwear too??

KiddoKS 19

If they took the underwear OR the socks, that burglar is a special type of weird and deranged. I shudder just thinking about it.

TheDrifter 23

Creepy ex stocking up his and hers sides of the closet? And just decided to take the TV cables to force OP to think about them?

Did they even the clothes you were wearing (if you were wearing any at the time of the robbery)?

StiffPvtParts 43

This is why the site gives you some time to look back and edit your comment --_--

olpally 32

A Secret ninja strikes! Wow. Call the state police? Locals sound pretty stupid.

iLike2Teabag 27

I doubt they would be more interested tho.

No, OP needs to travel to the East Kingdom, and hire a troll slayer.

davikiin 6

Sounds like vengence. Scorned or jilted lovers? Angry ex-friends?