Good boy

By This may take awhile - 30/11/2022 05:00 - United States

Today, after a serious argument with my friend about how his dog seems to hate me for no reason, I decided that it's my responsibility to show his dog that I mean no harm. I started off by giving him his favorite treat. He got excited and practically inhaled it… then started barking at me again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 702
You deserved it 156

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Michael Sawyer 11

It has been a year and a half since my younger sister and her two daughters moved in with me. My chihuahua who is 4 still will not go around the girls and she is still hesitant of my sister. Dogs are finicky animals. just keep being nice and giving treats and he will eventually warm up to you.

The dog knows what you did. You can fool us humans, but the dogs know.

Comments

Michael Sawyer 11

It has been a year and a half since my younger sister and her two daughters moved in with me. My chihuahua who is 4 still will not go around the girls and she is still hesitant of my sister. Dogs are finicky animals. just keep being nice and giving treats and he will eventually warm up to you.

thinman12345 15

My own dog will jump on my lap and then growl at me if I attempt to stroke her, dogs can be weird.

LSMVAT 6

I don’t know man…. I’m with the dog on this one .

The dog knows what you did. You can fool us humans, but the dogs know.

Dogs are observant especially of their human “family” and how they are being treated. Sometimes kids and teens horse around playing and that could look like their human family was being mistreated… And sometimes pets are possessive and jealous. They can do things like get in between you and their owner or just demand attention from their owner or you when they feel left out… I suggest avoiding the roughhousing in front of the pet if that’s taking place - Either that or try to make an extra effort at being friendly with the pet so they don’t feel defensive or left out. I’ve never seen a dog that didn’t love being scratched on their head around their ears (but not in the ear). That costs nothing but makes the pet feel good about you. But at least the first time, go slow and easy approaching the dog so they don’t think they are being attacked… Oh and never come between a dog and their food dish when they are eating or about to eat - That will provoke an unexpected reaction from the dog - Often growling and snarling until you back away. This can even happen with the dog’s owner.

I thought I was making progress with my FIL's dog when he wagged his tail, licked my hand, and then jumped up and literally bit my lip off. I needed plastic surgery to be able to use a straw again.