By Screw My Parents - 22/12/2015 04:45 - United States - Barrington

Today, my parents confirmed we were going to be taking a Disney World trip for Christmas vacation. I already knew that we were taking a trip, but I was now missing a week of school. Being in 3 honors and an A.P. class, I said that I didn't want to go. I got called an "ungrateful, little prick". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 295
You deserved it 8 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coming from an honors and AP student since I was in middle school, go on the trip. You can make up the work, you can't make up the memories. It's worth it, trust me!

Kuibe 18

You sure have a lot more willpower than me to refuse a Disney world trip. I'm at Disney world right now for my make a wish and it's amazing I hope your able to go on the trip and keep up with your classes if possible!

Comments

**** your honors and AP classes. GPA means nothing in high school. All colleges care about are SAT and ACT scores.

Not my college. Especially in ap/honors classes.

don't be the stick in the mud. you can't make up memories.

Come visit me at Epcot!! Check out my Mickey ears!! I gave up an entire semester at school and now behind to go work at Disney world. I'd call you that too.....

Go on the trip. Missing a week in high school is nothing. You'll make it up eventually & it won't have any noticeable impact on you doing well or getting into college.

You... kinda sound like an ungrateful little prick.

When you're applying for a job years from now, no one will care that your high school GPA was a 4.22 instead of a 4.24. To let you in on a secret, most employers don't even care much if you went to a prestigious school or not. You and your family will still care that you went on that trip to Disney World together. I admire your commitment to what's "important," but just this once, the fun stuff is more important this time.

zeffra13 31

Having that GPA makes it a heck of a lot easier to get into the college you want and the classes you want, so you don't waste time and money taking extra semesters to get into all your classes.

I agree. If my kid picked school over Disneyland I would be very supportive. Good choice. I screwed around in school and regret it every day.

I am currently enrolled in 3 AP classes, so I completely understand. Combining the work from those classes after missing just one day is equal to a weeks worth of work in average classes.

Was taking 3 APs and all honors. Woulda went in a heartbeat

zeffra13 31

So did I & I wouldn't. But I live by Disneyland so maybe I'm biased. Really though, it's just a theme park. If you're not a huge Disney movie fan it really isn't worth it.