By Screw My Parents - 22/12/2015 04:45 - United States - Barrington

Today, my parents confirmed we were going to be taking a Disney World trip for Christmas vacation. I already knew that we were taking a trip, but I was now missing a week of school. Being in 3 honors and an A.P. class, I said that I didn't want to go. I got called an "ungrateful, little prick". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 295
You deserved it 8 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coming from an honors and AP student since I was in middle school, go on the trip. You can make up the work, you can't make up the memories. It's worth it, trust me!

Kuibe 18

You sure have a lot more willpower than me to refuse a Disney world trip. I'm at Disney world right now for my make a wish and it's amazing I hope your able to go on the trip and keep up with your classes if possible!

Comments

Hahaha you act like high school matters. It doesn't.

zeffra13 31

It matters if they hold you back a year or make you take summer school because you failed classes because you missed finals week. Makes things difficult when they don't have to be.

harleyivy 7

if you tell your teachers you're going on a family trip the may give you an extension on your work or give it to you in advanced.

ADBurns 22

Look at it from your parents point of view.. Perhaps one of the reasons they planned the whole trip is that because, you are a honour student and work so hard all the time they have gone to so much effort and expense to treat you as much as the rest of the family. - how would you feel if you had spent so much time, so much effort and someone pipes up and says "I don't want to go". You are going to be a little peed off right? Go. Enjoy. Family will always help and be there for you at the worst of times as well as the best of times. Grades can't hug you or go with you on a once in a lifetime ride at an amusement park...

zeffra13 31

The school will force him to take summer school and miss out on a whole summer worth of family and other experiences. That's kinda worse than a week. His parents should've taken school into consideration. You can make up elementary school for family reasons but not much else, and especially not a bunch of AP classes. Those are painful enough the first time without having make up work in crunch time.

Reminds me of when my cousin got accepted to nationals in horseback riding with her team, but her family was going to Disneyland and wouldn't let her go to nationals.

I wouldnt go either. And i would be offended my parents didnt care about my schooling.

I just got home from Disney World. I highly recommend you going. Awesome memories were made this past week! Enjoy them because you won't have these people in your life forever.

zeffra13 31

Having to take an entire semester just to miss finals? That's beyond frustrating and your teachers would probably only consider excusing you for vacation reasons if your parents told them at least a month in advance so you could take finals early. I'd pass too just to not have to take summer school. I've not been to Disney World but I go to Disneyland all the time. An interesting experience with exclusive shops but not all that big of a deal. It's just a ridiculously expensive theme park with story rides instead of good coasters. Your parents really can't put it off a week? Why didn't they tell you earlier you'd have to miss school for it so you could even try to get make up work? Yes it's nice they're paying for this expensive trip but its not worth having a retake a semester and they shouldn't be mad at you for prioritizing.

jjgpiii 4

Bruh you should've gone I'm in 6 honors classes and an ap class it's tough yea but you can always make it up, spend time with your family

jjgpiii 4

Bruh you should've gone I'm in 6 honors classes and an ap class it's tough yea but you can always make it up, spend time with your family