By Screw My Parents - 22/12/2015 04:45 - United States - Barrington

Today, my parents confirmed we were going to be taking a Disney World trip for Christmas vacation. I already knew that we were taking a trip, but I was now missing a week of school. Being in 3 honors and an A.P. class, I said that I didn't want to go. I got called an "ungrateful, little prick". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 295
You deserved it 8 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coming from an honors and AP student since I was in middle school, go on the trip. You can make up the work, you can't make up the memories. It's worth it, trust me!

Kuibe 18

You sure have a lot more willpower than me to refuse a Disney world trip. I'm at Disney world right now for my make a wish and it's amazing I hope your able to go on the trip and keep up with your classes if possible!

Comments

Also, Disney World is cool, but chances are you're not going to remember it for long anyway. I went on an "end of the year" overnight trip for eighth grade and I can't remember a thing about it. I don't even remember what city we went to. Don't stress about it, OP. If you don't want to go, don't go.

you're comparing an overnight trip to somewhere random to 7+ days at the happiest place on earth? I went to Orlando for 8 days/7 nights with my friends 4 yrs ago, and while we still can't remember what we had for supper one night at Disney no matter how hard we try, we remember the big stuff and still laugh and joke about the trip.

afisxfallxchild 9

If you're doing well in class, it shouldn't be a problem.

I guess all you can do is try explaining to them that your work is important to you. I mean maybe you could email your teachers and explain the scenario to them too. That way they could possibly send you the work you'll miss.

Ever hear the phrase: "Go along to get along"? Sorry but you deserve it.Why not take your school work with and e-mail it to your teachers as you finish?

Perhaps because taking the work with doesn't magically create someone who can explain what it is the OP is supposed to be doing. If they miss the class they miss all the instructions as well.

You are an ungrateful little prick. Do you have any idea how many kids there are out there that would give anything to go to Disney World and will never get the chance?

Just to go to Disney World? You totally missed the point of my response and that makes you the real moron.

just get you work before hand you will be fine

Just ask the teachers for a copy of the work or notes and do them on the way to the port. That's what I had to do for my family vacation.

Listen, go on the trip. Not because your parents are assholes but because the rest of your life is going to be nothing but work. Enjoy free trips with your family while you can. What do you call a doctor who graduated at the bottom of his class? Doctor. No one cares what your grades are once you get into the real world. They care how balanced you are and how well you can handle life.

Hey, so this is coming from a high school student who is taking honors and 2 AP level classes. I am currently on vacation with my family for the holidays, in Hawaii, missing about a week of school. Plus I've missed multiple other days this year for various trips. My teachers have all been very understanding and I've been able to make up all the work. that's part of their job. Please, go on this trip. You only get so many years together with your whole family, and vacations together always create memorable experiences. It will definitely be worth missing a bit of school for, ok? School is not life, keep that in mind.