By Screw My Parents - 22/12/2015 04:45 - United States - Barrington

Today, my parents confirmed we were going to be taking a Disney World trip for Christmas vacation. I already knew that we were taking a trip, but I was now missing a week of school. Being in 3 honors and an A.P. class, I said that I didn't want to go. I got called an "ungrateful, little prick". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 295
You deserved it 8 578

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coming from an honors and AP student since I was in middle school, go on the trip. You can make up the work, you can't make up the memories. It's worth it, trust me!

Kuibe 18

You sure have a lot more willpower than me to refuse a Disney world trip. I'm at Disney world right now for my make a wish and it's amazing I hope your able to go on the trip and keep up with your classes if possible!

Comments

Without happiness success means nothing

Honestly idk if that's so much happiness if their folks are using insults like that over something kind of serious... Who knows how they are the rest of the time.

I'm in IB which is considered harder than AP, and much harder than honors, all you need to do is get the work in advance and do it on the way there, and on free time. Don't avoid the trip, the memories are better than the work that you can make up. Honestly you'll regret not going later in life

Coming from someone in 6 APs, go on the trip and tell your teachers well ahead of time. They'll understand and it won't be the end of the world!

skyeyez9 24

You can bring your homework with you. I did that when I went on vacation.

I'm like 95% sure this is my sister.... FML

I had a similar thing happen to me; I went though, and ended up with 2 (3 in one class) extra absences.

I am currently in 4 honors and an ap in high school and I still have all semester A's, and I have missed 5 total weeks of school so far this year due to health issues. I know the thought of missing school is daunting to most, but you will be able to catch up if it's worth it to you. You can work ahead, work when you have down time at Disney, etc. However, it would be hard and your grades might drop a little, depending on how good you are at teaching yourself and how available your teachers are to help you when you get back, and that may not be worth it to you, which is completely fine. It's good that you're responsible and care about your grades, and your parents should recognize that and should be reasonable about this, but you also can't just say "I don't want to go," you have to explain your concerns to them and discuss the problem and possible solutions, rather than flat out refusing.

Looking back on high school, I really wish I'd kept up with my work and classes like you had. I ended up making a habit out of skipping and lost my scholarships once I got into college. Who cares what your parents think. If you enjoy having good grades and worry about the work, don't let them get in the way. It really sucks because I had been in AP classes as well and dropped down because I was falling behind so much. Peer pressure sucks, especially when it comes from family. Do what you think is best for your future. Though I personally don't really ever care to go to Disney either way so that may just be me.

Btw some colleges count your ap classes as college class credits so... Yeah...