By Screw My Parents - 22/12/2015 04:45 - United States - Barrington

Today, my parents confirmed we were going to be taking a Disney World trip for Christmas vacation. I already knew that we were taking a trip, but I was now missing a week of school. Being in 3 honors and an A.P. class, I said that I didn't want to go. I got called an "ungrateful, little prick". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 295
You deserved it 8 577

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Coming from an honors and AP student since I was in middle school, go on the trip. You can make up the work, you can't make up the memories. It's worth it, trust me!

Kuibe 18

You sure have a lot more willpower than me to refuse a Disney world trip. I'm at Disney world right now for my make a wish and it's amazing I hope your able to go on the trip and keep up with your classes if possible!

Comments

3 honors and 1 AP class is nothing. You can go have fun in Disney world and be able to make up your work!

tantanpanda 26

OP said they already knew, so why not just do some work early? lots of teachers have a syllabus that they follow.

That is a little ungrateful though... Disney World is expensive, and your parents may have already gotten tickets. Not to mention, your family wants to spend time with you, and you blatantly turn down their offer - if you're unable to stay with anyone else for that trip, your parents will have to cancel and if you have siblings then that ruins the trip for them too... I understand school is tough. But it's not that hard to make up classes. This is a vacation for your parents as much as you. Don't be a prick.

It's nice that you take your studies seriously, but taking a break is not only healthy for you but someday your parents will be old and then they will be gone. Take the time to spend time with family , that is important too.

Make up the work, go the trip. If you have a laptop, you can do some homework in the hotel at night. Your parents bought an expensive family trip. It took them a lot to both be off work, and pay for it. You and if you have any siblings should enjoy it. Even if you're too old, or too cool for Disney.

I took the same classes and you're fortunate you're still in high school because it's super easy to make up. Most teachers let you take the homework with you to do on the plane or in your downtime and then you can turn it in once you get back if that's what you're worried about. Go have fun!

There is more to life than school work. You're obviously smart, you can make up the work you miss.

infamously_A 8

My parents did the same thing. Worst present ever.

batmanfredi 13

Oh my god, you're a sophomore in HONORS classes and ONE AP class. Jesus Christ stop acting like your some professor that has all these responsibilities. You're so pretentious, the week before Christmas break is easy anyways, god you're so annoying.

Damn, sounds like you're trying to make up for something. Everything going okay in your life?

Mathalamus 24

Don't be rude. You are correct, of course, but you could have said it in a more tactful manner.

Probably not. This sounds bizarrely personal.

#21 Not true. Some schools like mine give a lovely gift of finals on the last two days.

wow what would you know your going on 16 you havent even began to see how hard school can be you have no place to talk or be rude

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Are you doing okay in life? I am genuinely concerned for that stick that has lodged itself so far in your ass. You may need to see a dr before it gets too serious. Oh, and for me and many other people, you have an assload of tests before Christmas break.

Sorry that your parents don't think your schooling matters, OP. In my experience, teachers do not like absent students or having to give make-up work. I once had to stay out of school for a week because I was sick and having to make up all the work I missed and catch up was a pain in the neck!

Being in multiple AP classes myself, I miss school actually relatively often just because I don't feel like waking up or going, and I have an A in all of them. I'm sure if you go to Disney World you'll be fine, you can make up work and just study extra, don't worry about it :D