Bad boy

By Nebraskawreck - 22/11/2018 13:30

Today, my husband left our untrained puppy out of its kennel when he left for work. I got home and all of the baby books my parents just bought for us that were on the coffee table in a backpack were completely destroyed, along with the bag, and parts of our wall. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 659
You deserved it 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You might want to train your puppy before having a kid. They're way worse.

That’s all? That’s going to be one lazy dog when it grows up. An ordinary puppy would make your house look like a crime scene in a war zone after a tornado!

Comments

You might want to train your puppy before having a kid. They're way worse.

Destroying some books and a bag seems fairly normal but how in the world does a puppy destroy a wall?

in 'murica, their walls aren't made out of brick and mortar like sane people around the world use to build. It's usually plaster/some kind of wood (I forget what it's called, dry wall?) so it's quite easy for a dog to actually work their magic and destroy a wall, especially if YOU LOCK THEM UP IN THE ******* KENNEL WHILE GOING TO WORK YOU MONSTERS

Deez_Knots 10

Not plaster anymore. It’s drywall

Using a kennel is actually a common and humane way to train a dog. You want it big enough they can turn around, but not so big they can pee without laying in it. It’s really no different than using a playpen for a toddler.

he chewed a corner then just kept expanding his hole going down the hall

I have a husky. It’s not my first rodeo with the fur devils. Crating has saved them from so much trouble. The one time mine was left out for a ten minute errand, he ingested 5 bags of gummy bears after mountain climbing and opening a cabinet. After a night in the er to take care of the blockage, pancreatitis, and liver numbers that were off, he would do it again if given the chance. At least it didn’t end in a huge vet bill I hope.

YDI. You don't lock your untrained (or trained) puppy in a kennel for the day. What are you going to do when you actually pop out a human? Just lock him/her in their cot and **** off to a dinner date with friends?

So you’re supposed to let it roam the house and destroy whatever it wants?

when you have a kid n want to go on a date you get a baby sitter dumb ass.

Looks like hubby is the one in the doghouse now...

That’s all? That’s going to be one lazy dog when it grows up. An ordinary puppy would make your house look like a crime scene in a war zone after a tornado!

he will be he is just a crazy baby Bassett hound

Haha! Yes! That’s why I adopt dogs that are 1-2 years old — to avoid the wanton destruction of puppies.

This is the cutest "monster" movie ever!

wow sounds like your husband needs to go in the kennel and locking dogs in a kennel causes those kind of behaviors and it's cruel

julfunky 29

“Those kind of behaviors” happen regardless. My dog — never crated — ripped up the linoleum and chewed on the concrete when he was a puppy. Because that’s what puppies do, crates or not.

kade 2

Nahhh you might wanna train your husband instead to know better 😂

mysteryordebbie8 3

Sounds like a case of separation anxiety. Instead of crating him all day, put the crate in a barricaded area and puppy proof it.