By Anonymous - 08/07/2009 21:43 - Canada

Today, my mom turned to me and said, "You know, you're the kind of person that has to change literally everything about themselves to get a guy to like you." I thought she was joking so I laughed. She then said "Like that. Your laugh... What is that? Change that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 966
You deserved it 5 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow. geez. don't listen to her. I'm sure everything about you is great! Never change yourself for a guy. When the perfect guy comes along, he will love you just the way you are. Plus, don't let those comments hurt you. Yes, it was offencive, but let it just roll off your back. Live your life to the fullest and love every moment of it! Much love.

Comments

Aw, don't listen to your mom. There's someone out there who will love you for exactly who you are; who will think you're amazing and be charmed by all your quirks, like your laugh. You just have to wait for that person to show up :) Good luck!

That's pretty nasty. FYL. Tough love doesn't have to be THAT tough. At least you know to try to change your laugh?

nodnarb117 0
sexymessy 0

That was rude,I'm sorry you experienced that.

You are right, and #130 is full of crap.

HeyThereGorgeous 0

Why does everyone have effed up bïtches for parents, siblings, friends, and boyfriends and girlfriends ?!?! No one in my life is like that. I guess my life is alright I guess . That's sucky for you, OP .

skullbuster 0

Time for some reality here. We all make a lot of assumptions from 1-2 sentences from the OP. And from those 1-2 sentences we seem to have pulled out all of the modern-day psychobabble possible to comfort our good friend "Anonymous (woman)" from Canada (Ontario). Haven't we said it all? Mom has deep seated issues, Mom has something going on in her life that makes her an unbearable twat, Mom is jealous, don't give up on yourself, I'm sure your beautiful inside and out (shout out to C.Aguilera), you'll find a man who loves you for you, just be yourself and don't listen to her.. ..hold on..I just vomitted a little in my mouth and need to get my bearings.. OK, I'm back. And if we believe OP, then Mom is a real ****. But, in fact, maybe OP is a total ***** who allows the desires of her boyfriend du jour overrun her life while she treats everyone else like crap. And maybe OP is one of those really snotty teenage girls who acts like a real bitch and only stops running her mouth long enough to suck ****?! Well, the best advice to give here is to tell our dear friend "Anonymous (woman)", who we all know like a sister, and "Anonymous (woman)'s" bitch mother (who we know equally well), to get on the next flight down to the states and get your asses on Tyra Banks' show so you can get some real guidance on this issue. In the meantime, I'm sure she will be in the prayers of my good friend "United Methodist bitch" who comments so often on FML but mostly on the wrong threads because she isn't capable of using a computer properly.