By Anonymous - 08/07/2009 21:43 - Canada

Today, my mom turned to me and said, "You know, you're the kind of person that has to change literally everything about themselves to get a guy to like you." I thought she was joking so I laughed. She then said "Like that. Your laugh... What is that? Change that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 966
You deserved it 5 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow. geez. don't listen to her. I'm sure everything about you is great! Never change yourself for a guy. When the perfect guy comes along, he will love you just the way you are. Plus, don't let those comments hurt you. Yes, it was offencive, but let it just roll off your back. Live your life to the fullest and love every moment of it! Much love.

Comments

indian_goddess 0

yeah after you change your laugh, change your mom.

paper_flowers 0

My mom says stuff like that all the time =.=

GiannaxRevenge 0

I don't think it was meant to be stereotypical. He was just making an observation, that's all. Jesus Christ, people! Calm the hell down!!

What the hell does that even mean? We aren't robots with the exact same tone of voice so I see no way you could possible determine that an ugly person would have a less than appealing laugh and a pretty person would have a "totally cute" laugh. The fact that I know some amazingly pretty girls who laugh like donkeys does nothing but support my arguement :P

Ahh, yes. Fmylife, home of all the mom-bitchs know to the human race.

jewelzgalore 0

Dude, screw mothers. Well, not literally but you know what I mean. My mom's ridiculously critical, too. "Go exercise; your love handles look like tires." "You need to wear more makeup." "Why aren't you studying? (Because that's what I need to do 24/7)." "[Why is everything you do in your life wrong?]"--coming soon But hey, they're oldies. What do they know?

LMFAO Once, when I was in America, these guys from South Carolina came up to me: Dude: Hey! Where 'yall from? Me: From Canada... Dude: CANADIA?!? (yes Canadia is what he said, no typo) Don't yall live in igloos? (he was serious) Me: uhm no... We live in regular houses... Good Day sir.

sounds like your mom is the one not getting any lately.

Your mom sounds like she has a serious personality disorder. Have you ever read anything about Narcissistic Personality Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder? The book "Understanding the Borderline Mother" by Christine Ann Lawson might be helpful. Your mom is mentally ill. Don't blame yourself.