By Anonymous - 08/07/2009 21:43 - Canada

Today, my mom turned to me and said, "You know, you're the kind of person that has to change literally everything about themselves to get a guy to like you." I thought she was joking so I laughed. She then said "Like that. Your laugh... What is that? Change that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 966
You deserved it 5 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow. geez. don't listen to her. I'm sure everything about you is great! Never change yourself for a guy. When the perfect guy comes along, he will love you just the way you are. Plus, don't let those comments hurt you. Yes, it was offencive, but let it just roll off your back. Live your life to the fullest and love every moment of it! Much love.

Comments

curryndricegirll 0

I don't think you understood what she said.

it's not out of order, its just that when you reply to a comment it gives you a different number. =) hope this helped.

TheTrueBeautyx3 0
BigSky 5

My mom did the same to me for many years. Her mom did it to her. My grandmother's dad did it to her. Is your mom a perfectionist? If so, she is trying to perfect you. It won't work. Hopefully, she will realize it someday. Hang in there and just be yourself. Always stay true to yourself and grow into the person you want to be. Not who she or anybody else wants you to be. Don't try to be rebellious. Just be YOU. Everything will be fine. Hang in there, precious.

Sorry to say this but ur mom is as bit*h!

Look at it this way. What age are you? And what age did your mother marry? If you're about that same age, your mother probably thinks that you would have to marry by now. Most moms do that. However, honestly, I wouldn't change anything about you. Why do you have to change yourself to make a guy like you. A guy is suppose to like you for who you are. Becoming a faker is a terrible idea.

Brittanii 0

damn... thtsz a for sure wayy. to lower ya self esteem... ya mom mustt. reallii not be thinkinn boutt. cha feelinsz!!

Barely an FML but I found this to be funny. :)

lastminuteperm 0

Owned by your mom. Even if that was a joke, that's not funny. Why would you laugh?