The straights are at it again

By Anonymous - 17/06/2023 12:00

Today, I came out to my parents. My mother laughed and, when I asked her what was so funny, she told me, "Well, most gays are attractive, muscular, funny and can dress very well. You're ugly, fat, boring, and have no sense of fashion. Good luck." FML
I agree, your life sucks 896
You deserved it 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please know that your mother is completely, absolutely wrong, and that we in the community are proud of you for having the courage to come out. Live your life the way you want to.

You can work out, learn to dress and evolve your personality, and everyone has a type. You can also find someone who disagrees with her assertions. Also, your mother sucks.

Comments

Sounds like she was expecting you to come out as asexual. It's a nicer term than what we called it back in my day: loser.

This man is going through a very difficult experience that takes a great deal of courage. Being called a loser by someone who is, let's face it, just an attention ***** is really not what he needs.

There's plenty of gay folks that aren't attractive, funny, muscular or stylish, and plenty of gay for that don't require their partners to have those qualities. It's wild how many straight people think all gay people are exactly the same, rather than all being individuals - just like straight people, except attracted to people of the same sex.

Please know that your mother is completely, absolutely wrong, and that we in the community are proud of you for having the courage to come out. Live your life the way you want to.

You can work out, learn to dress and evolve your personality, and everyone has a type. You can also find someone who disagrees with her assertions. Also, your mother sucks.

There's always room in the bear/chub/cub communities!

Tisinlovewithme 2

“most gays are attractive, muscular, funny and dress well” where? 💀 this bitch is blind and spent her entire life watching tv. get on tiktok and tell me where tf are the “attractive, funny, muscular and dress well” gays lmfaoooo

ODBeefalo 10

as a guy who fell into the same category (bi not gay though) grow a beard (seriously, it adds a couple levels to the scale.) find a healthy eating routine, even if you start 1 day a week and work up into 5 days of pure healthy eating. go to the gym a few times a month, it's hard to start but you will feel healthier which is way more important then her observation. Also even as a bi dude, I care more that people care about themselves than the weight itself. good looking dude who only eats McDonald's is still more gross than someone a bit overweight who is clearly trying to be a better them. personal opinion. I can help someone be better, I can't make them be better.

This is great advice. You can't do anything about the past but you can do a helluva lot about the future. Just remember: Every meal is a choice. Every day is a choice. Every thought is a choice. Every book you read or youtube video you watch is a choice. Every day, you choose how the future you will look.