By Anonymous - 08/07/2009 21:43 - Canada

Today, my mom turned to me and said, "You know, you're the kind of person that has to change literally everything about themselves to get a guy to like you." I thought she was joking so I laughed. She then said "Like that. Your laugh... What is that? Change that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 966
You deserved it 5 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow. geez. don't listen to her. I'm sure everything about you is great! Never change yourself for a guy. When the perfect guy comes along, he will love you just the way you are. Plus, don't let those comments hurt you. Yes, it was offencive, but let it just roll off your back. Live your life to the fullest and love every moment of it! Much love.

Comments

This sounds like something my mother would say to me. She constantly criticizes everything I do, because she wants me to be more like her. It's really annoying. OP, you didn't deserve to have her say that to you. I'm sure your a beautiful person, inside and out. The right guy will come along someday, and will love you for who you really are. I know it. :)

sam_stalker 0
daniwell_05 0

Do some of you not realize that the OP is a WOMAN not a dude!!!

adamdrinkslots 0

check out the site 'ijustwanttotellyou.com.' let people know what you really think!

nads_fml 0

you mean her dad...wow thats comforting to think about.

xxyahqirlmelloxx 0

wow what a beautiful thing to say about ur flesh and blood. Dont worry ur beautiful just the way u are

Those are horrible things your mother said to you. Without a doubt, something really crazy is going on in her head and life. I saw this happening to my daughter, despite all my efforts to put an end to it. What happened was that I got to pay tens of thousands of dollars to shrinks for my daughter's depression and try at suicide. Mom never got it. Daughter married a louse and is still afraid to dump him. Oh, sort of like MJ, she died at about same age, but through no fault of her own, leaving daughter crying still over loss. Someone needs to clue in mom about raising daughters in this day and age, not out of ignorance. And you are the only one of you created by God. God doesn't make junk, but some people make it their mission to play God. Your mom is one of those people. Pay no attention and remind her that part of God's creation is through her looks, features, and even laugh. Make a recording of her someday and play it back to her at the right moment:-) to see how SHE sounds to others. Good luck. Try to look at this as a time to learn what mothers should be doing.

i always have to deal with my mom telling me too change my attitude and watch how i talk to people because i ask a lot of questions when i dont think something makes much sense or before i eat something i would like to know what kinda of sause is on my meat

Protegas 0

ROFL . Too bad I didn't fit into any of those :l I feel unamerican right now O.o