By Anonymous - 08/07/2009 21:43 - Canada

Today, my mom turned to me and said, "You know, you're the kind of person that has to change literally everything about themselves to get a guy to like you." I thought she was joking so I laughed. She then said "Like that. Your laugh... What is that? Change that." FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 966
You deserved it 5 551

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wow. geez. don't listen to her. I'm sure everything about you is great! Never change yourself for a guy. When the perfect guy comes along, he will love you just the way you are. Plus, don't let those comments hurt you. Yes, it was offencive, but let it just roll off your back. Live your life to the fullest and love every moment of it! Much love.

Comments

That is a horrible thing to say. Don't change anything. People like all sorts of things. Maybe the thing she thinks you should change is exactly what someone may love about you.

Necronomicon_fml 0

Dude, your mom is a total bitch.

Omg, I'm so sorry your mom is such a bitch! Don't change everything about yourself though, there WILL be someone who totally accepts you for who you are.

Man I wish everyone would stop fighting over nationalities. I'm a proud Canadian!

rustyrox 0

how mean! you know that you probably don't need to change who you are as a person neccesarily... but when your own mother thinks that there are probably a few things you could do differently. maybe the way you dress or your demeanor? cheer up, confidence is the first thing you need ;)

I actually laughed harder at all the Canadian/American stereotypes than at the FML. Canadians think Americans are rude fat people, and Americans think Canadians are drunk idiots riding polar bears to work. Barring the polar bear part, I've seen just as many on each side of the border. However, in my experience, Americans hassle Canadians more. Once, I was on a trip to NYC and was walking down the street in a Roots sweater with a maple leaf on it, and someone shouted "Go back to your igloo, dick". Quite the welcome, huh?

brendiz 0