By sunny_ca559 - 03/03/2010 01:03 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband admitted to me that he has a mental block about touching my boobs, because he's afraid that breast milk is going to spurt out at him. I had my son 5 months ago and I don't breast feed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 607
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anonnamus 0

Tell him you have a mental block against him touching your ******, because the last time he did, a nine pound person shot out if it.

I don't even know how to comment on this... I've heard of a milk fetish before but never a phobia of breast milk...

Comments

omg you people are ridiculous! some babies just don't "take to the breast" and can't be breastfed. and like someone else said, she could be on medication that would harm the baby. Jesus but on another note, to the OP, you could still leak even though it's been 5 months. so he has a valid fear.

Snicks' I have to tell you that you are wrong. I am an MD--women can do everything right and still have "toxic" breast milk. Nothing is "wrong" with mom or baby, it just happens 8% of the time. I think I might be in love with you.

Anonnamus 0

In love with Snicks? You must not have been breastfed. Totally kidding. It was just a perfect opening. Snicks is a smart kid.

She may be a smart kid, but she's also a smart ass. It's a privilege of the young to be judgemental, so I won't be too harsh, but really, Snickerdoodles, try to deal with some of life's adversities before you judge everybody so mercilessly with your flawless reasoning, k? As to the breastfeeding: yes, it is the best for the baby, but sometimes it can go terribly wrong. When I was pregnant I was determined to breast feed for at least a year, and in the end I made only into the baby's 7th week and ended up with two horrible scars in my left breast. So please, Snickerdoodles ... tell me some more about how every woman can breast feed, hm?

*jaw drops* I think we have a winner. finally.

#87: Ive also seen instances where breastfeeding can cause a woman's nipples to become so dry and chapped that they crack and start to bleed. Idk about most of the people in here, but I'd rather not feed my child blood. I fully intend to breastfeed my child when I have one or two, but it's ridiculous to try and tell women that they are wrong for not being able to breastfeed. That's just ignorance and a lack of sympathy for other people's medical conditions.

That's quite common and more a problem for the mother, because this is a condition that's obviously very prone for infections. And it hurts of course. Feeding the babies blood is not so much of a problem ... it's only a small amount at the beginning of a breast feeding session and usually they spit it out.

septor82 0

dude have you ever tasted boobie milk, not good

burnquist764 0

Is it so hard to let people do their own thing? They have a right to do what they want up until they either break the law or interfere with the rights of others.

Umm, there are lots of women who cannot breastfeed because they have hormonal disorders, who have "toxic" breast milk or who can't produce enough milk to feed their baby. Also some women just physically can'tbreastfeed, sometimes the baby won'ttake the breast and sometimes it's reallyakward and painful for the mother, that doesn't make her a bad mother. Also there are many women who are too stressed and can't produce breast milk.

The funny thing is that (if everything is working properly) if you didn't breastfeed, you'd be even more likely to leak milk ^_^ haha. Obviously not five months down the track though. Also, to all the people arguing over whether kids are more intelligent/less socially inept if they're fed on breastmilk or not: It has been pretty inarguably proven that, for the most part, breast milk is the healthier option for babies. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean you're a bad mother if you don't breast feed; some women are physically unable to, some babies are physically unable to; there are other factors that can get in the way of it. Despite the general rule, you get exceptions, and in some exceptions it'd be worse to try to force the baby to breastfeed than just go ahead with formula (or expressing breast milk).

U dumb biatch! Have u ever had a child? Or been around babies fullstop?! U have no clue, u think u know it all, how old r u, 12?! Dumb snickerho.

pepper3434 0

Anonnamous, my older brother (who is now 23) could not keep the milk down either... He had surgery later on and that was fixed...

I can't blame your husband for this one. I've had minor leakages of colostrum, and I'm due in 6 days. My husband is about scared to touch my breasts, because he thinks the leaks are 'icky', lol. (And I do plan on breastfeeding, so it'll probably be quite awhile before he touches mine again, haha.) Just give your husband a bit of time to get over it, he will soon enough.

Even with not breastfeeding, she could be prone to leaking still. And he would've seen some leaking for at least the first 2 months or so, so really, it's only been 3 months or less. That's not that long.