By sunny_ca559 - 03/03/2010 01:03 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband admitted to me that he has a mental block about touching my boobs, because he's afraid that breast milk is going to spurt out at him. I had my son 5 months ago and I don't breast feed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 607
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anonnamus 0

Tell him you have a mental block against him touching your ******, because the last time he did, a nine pound person shot out if it.

I don't even know how to comment on this... I've heard of a milk fetish before but never a phobia of breast milk...

Comments

That's exactly why he thinks the milk will spurt out. Didn't you watch the episode of Family Guy where Louis weens Stewie? Her breasts get engorged. He thinks they will spurt milk under pressure.

You guys are all a bunch of idiots. Breastfeeding is the best gift you could EVER give your children and if your husband/boyfriend/ cared about you at all, he would encourage you to breastfeed and not complain about having to abstain from playing with your boobs. Our first daughter is about turn 4 and we also have a 5 month old. He hasn't touched my boobs in 4 years. He doesn't care.

Umm, I don't see it as him complaining, how did you get that? She's the one complaining that he doesn't touch them.

I never heard anywhere that a woman who's breastfeeding should avoid having her breasts touched. OP's husband needs to build a bridge and get over it. And there are many reasons for a woman not choosing to breastfeed, and we don't know what hers are, so lets not be so quick to judge.

Wow, the judgement stick's really out on this one, isn't it? Breastfeeding is one of the most natural things in the world, and it is extremely beneficial for the baby to have at least the colostrum at the beginning if nothing else. It can aid the child's immunity, bond with their mother and general health. HOWEVER, there are problems that can arise by breastfeeding; mastitis (infection of the breast), HIV/AIDS, failure to produce enough milk, child won't take to breast and other things. If a mother would suffer, then there's no point doing it. And you certainly shouldn't feed your child with mastitis! The way I personally see it is that if you can breastfeed, brilliant. If you can't, and breast pumps are not an option, then it's got to be bottle fed! I had the latter due to a problem with my facial structure and I turned out great!

Amen. Another reason a mother might not is medication in general - I take medication for epilepsy, and if I were to ever have a child, I would not be allowed to breastfeed because of it.

morgan020 0

most babies today that are diagnosed with being allergic to breastmilk and put on soy milk are not actually allergic to breastmilk. there is an underlying issue but the drs are too lazy to figure out what it is so they switch to soy and the problem appears to go away until the child is older.

morgan020 0

when I was born I had a reflux problem and my dr told my mom to switch me to soy so it would fix the problem. she didn't though she took me to a different doctor and they gave me some reflux medicine. however I was breastfed til almost 14 months old and I don't see myself as being any smarter or healthier because of it.

morgan020 0

I was always sick as a child and yes I had straight A's in school but so did everyone else at my school. I breastfed my son who is now 2 and while he knows what things are he won't use words to tell you what they are called yet I have friends who never breastfed their kids and they started talking much earlier than my son. also some women aren't comfortable popping their boob out in public to feed their child so they opt for bottles.

And forming uneducated opinions by age 4.

#155 FTW ^^ @Snickerdoodles: Reading by the age of one? Suuuuure.

Reaperonin 1

you FAIL for not breast feeding.

To everyone talking about how whole "breast feeding raises intelligence" thing.... No, it doesn't. There is a correlation between breast feeding and higher intelligence, but that does NOT mean that one causes the other. The reason that breast fed kids tend to have higher intelligence is because people OF higher intelligence and people of the upper/middle classes who can afford to send their children to better schools etc., tend to breast feed. Likewise, those of lower socioeconomic status and lower intelligence tend to formula feed. Mind you, this does NOT happen in 100% of cases, naturally. It is simply a trend. That is the only reason breast fed babies tend to be more intelligent.

birds_fml 7

That is so weird. You'd think that poor women would be MORE likely to breastfeed, because it's free, and rich women would be more likely to formula feed, because they have more money and it's more convenient.

But it's also possible that a poor woman has to work and gets a shorter maternity leave, giving her little time to sit down with her child.

But it's also possible that a poor woman has to work and gets a shorter maternity leave, giving her little time to sit down with her child.

I agree with you... I'm not actually sure WHY low SES women are less likely to breast feed... It could be due to lack of education about the benefits (better nutrition from breast milk)... But could also be related to not wanting the hassle of it, or not having time for it.

what a wimp! he shouldn't be allowed to breed if he can't handle that stuff.

Unless you're HIV-positive, shame on you for wasting all of that wonderful milk! =p

You should have breastfed your child. Unless you have some specific condition where you've been told not to, it's been proven that's healthier for the kid so they can develop more immunity early. Your husband is pretty lame though if he's afraid of a little milk out of breasts. Some guys actually like to get a taste of the stuff, lol.

I'm not saying you deserve it but u should really have breast fed ur baby. I mean, the milk is there for the baby, not to make you a few cup sizes bigger. I'm not judging, I just don't understand why you wouldn't breat feed ur baby. U should have breast fed him for the first 6 months. There's no going back now but if u have another baby, breast feed it. Unless theres a reason--other than discomfort--why u didn't breast feed the first. I don't see how that's an FML tho. No body wants body fluid being squirted in their face...

so, what your saying is you think she didn't breast feed to make her boobs bigger for a few months? Wow. I'm not even going to be sarcastic when I say I'm nearly positive that's not the reason she didn't breast feed. Perhaps it's the opposite, some women after getting breast implants aren't able to breast feed, or check out the massive list of other viable reasons people have stated.