By sunny_ca559 - 03/03/2010 01:03 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband admitted to me that he has a mental block about touching my boobs, because he's afraid that breast milk is going to spurt out at him. I had my son 5 months ago and I don't breast feed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 607
You deserved it 4 116

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Anonnamus 0

Tell him you have a mental block against him touching your ******, because the last time he did, a nine pound person shot out if it.

I don't even know how to comment on this... I've heard of a milk fetish before but never a phobia of breast milk...

Comments

these all became either google cuts or TLTC

junker311 0

omg. To everybody who is saying YDI for not breastfeeding, you're lame! Some of us moms work or can't produce enough milk to feed our babies. OP, my baby is 3 months and I don't breast feed either but mine still leak on occasion..... good luck with your hubby!

My husband was the same. I breastfed all my kids though. Just weaned my twins. However, I don't really think this is an FML. He'll get over it in a month or two.

Wait. Whoa. I totally thought guys were into that.

I'm sorry but it seems that alot of you are "back seat parenting", meaning people who don't have children but just love commenting on things they really know nothing about. How about you wait till you become a parent then you decide what is best/easier, easy for people to be so judgemental when they have never given birth. And yes I do have the right to comment on this as I'm a mother of two who has both breastfed and formula fed, you honestly have no right commenting on someones situation with out knowing it at all. Both my children were premature and it was extremely hard to breastfeed them, I only succeeded with my second, now I'm pregnant with my 3rd and whatever happens I'll be happy with it, cause really its none of your ******* busines they aint your boobs!!! OP it is possible for you to still get milk long after ceasing breastfeeding, I breastfed my 1st for only one week but still had milk right up until my second was born which was when she was 2, and I still have breastmilk now and I no longer breastfeed my second and he is also almost 2 and I'll be having my 3rd in 10 weeks.

If she decided to post her breast feeding business then obviously she has no regard for her own business. She doesn't need a lesbo-nazi jenny mcarthy dumbass writing a long ass response nobody read. Newer generations are breastfeeding less resulting in kids with weakened immune systems. Source: 8+ years med school.

I read it. Shut your mouth you disrespectful twat.

Don't think you can just read a brochure or a book and think you know it all. I HATE these kind of people

drucashes 0

your husband needs to grow up and stop being a scared wuss LOL

Hey, pro-tip to all the know-it-all breastfeeding nazis: correlation =/= causation, and it's probably not to your best advantage to act like you know everything about a child's nutritional needs when you haven't even graduated high school (yes snickerdoodles, this means YOU). How a woman cares for her own child (barring abusive behavior) is none of your goddamn business, and honestly I'm appalled by your nonchalance in condemning someone for a lifestyle choice that doesn't affect you or anyone else in the least possible way. Another thing I've noticed here is the complete lack of regard for the mother's welfare. If a mother is able to feed/clothe/nurture her child without spending five hours a day sitting half-naked and having her **** sucked on, more power to her. The sheer anti-feminism seething from this entire side of the argument is enough to make me rage. I suggest you check out this article before you snark back: http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2009/04/the-case-against-breast-feeding/7311/3/ "Popular science" is always jumping on the latest trends, exaggerating results that play to the general public perspective while downplaying those that do not. Even if there was a direct correlation between being breastfed and having a higher IQ, that would lead me to believe that the results had more to do with the children's lifestyle and socioeconomic status than some "MAGICAL BABY VACCINE" in the mother's milk. No doubt that having a stay-at-home parent would be more beneficial to the child's development. Why don't we as a nation require that all women stay home for at least the first five years of a child's life, seeing as these years are such a crucial time? OH, that's right - because women have rights too, and don't have an obligation to sacrifice their careers/marital well-being due to the needs of their infant when there are perfectly viable options that do not require such a sacrifice. To quote from the article: "The debate about breast-feeding takes place without any reference to its actual context in women’s lives. Breast-feeding exclusively is not like taking a prenatal vitamin. It is a serious time commitment that pretty much guarantees that you will not work in any meaningful way. Let’s say a baby feeds seven times a day and then a couple more times at night. That’s nine times for about a half hour each, which adds up to more than half of a working day, every day, for at least six months. This is why, when people say that breast-feeding is “free,” I want to hit them with a two-by-four. It’s only free if a woman’s time is worth nothing." So let the flaming begin. And let's just make this clear now - I don't want to hear your hero stories about how you breastfed your child and still worked 60+ hours a week at your high-paying and demanding job as CEO of ******* Pretentious, INC, while attending graduate school full-time and leading your own vigilante group against formula feeders. While amusing, your anecdotes will never convince me that it's more important my child avoid a seasonal cold than it is I be able to relax and enjoy the other aspects of parenting/being a wife/being successful in the workplace without constantly freaking about "WHATS BEST FOR THE CHILDRENS."

What now? You basically just said that your personal comfort is more important than your child's health. You also basically said that your career is more important than your child's health. Are you really trying to say that breastfeeding is "anti-feminist" because it inhibits a woman's ability to get back into the workplace?

The fact is, breast milk is the most nutritious thing to feed your baby. Despite having things formula simply doesn't have, it is more easily digestible. Not just in general, but very specifically, a baby will best be able to digest just its mother's breast milk because every mother makes the best food available for their baby. Formula cannot replicate a unique food that every mother makes differently.

From your quote, "It is a serious time commitment..." NO SHIT! Maybe you didn't know this, but having a child is a lifetime time commitment. The first few months of it's life generally require undivided attention from the mother. Sorry if that got in the way of your oh so precious job, but guess what, being a mother IS your job now.

Another quote "...when people say that breast-feeding is “free,” I want to hit them with a two-by-four. It’s only free if a woman’s time is worth nothing." Does this suggest that the time spent breast feeding was wasted? That caring for your baby is a worthless pursuit? Not only is breastfeeding free of charge, it is a worthwhile endeavor that gives you something in return.

If you chose formula, I won't deny it...I am judging you. I am judging any woman who chose to give their children second best when first was available. I understand that many people aren't able to breast feed for whatever reason, but I am talking to people who CHOSE not to breast feed for their own (selfish) reasons. p.s. sorry I had to post so many times. It would let me post all of it at once.

Wow, six posts. That's impressive. And no, my personal comfort is NOT more important than my child's health. My child would be perfectly healthy being formula fed. I and my sister are both perfectly healthy, happy, intelligent individuals and we were both formula fed (I because my mother simply chose to, my sister because she was horribly allergic to my mother's breast milk). I'm not saying I'm just going to throw my baby in the gutter and hope it survives on pond scum. Let's not be sensationalist here. Formula has been proven to provide the essential nutrients a child needs for growth and development, and millions of children raised on formula to become healthy, happy, productive adults proves this point. Whether my child will have 2 or 3 fewer colds, or maybe score .5 points higher on some arbitrary IQ test isn't going to determine how I choose to live my life. Besides, I'm not inclined to believe a majority of the test results "proving" breast milk to be some miracle juice, mostly because most have been sensationalized or were at least conducted in order to prove a specific point, which, IMO, doesn't constitute true scientific fact - especially when there are so many other conflicting results on the subject. I feel like if you're in the position to stay home with the baby all day everyday for the next six months, then do whatever you please. But most women aren't that privileged, and so must return to work, or even - GASP - may WANT to return to work, friends, life, etc. I don't think this makes the woman some self-absorbed bitch. In fact, in most cases, it is the only option available. And saying something is free indicates that it came at no cost. In the case of breastfeeding, then no, it is not free because the mother's time is used - time which could have been used at a paying job. Therefore, whether or not one considers the time "wasted" (I certainly wouldn't, as, in my opinion, it is valuable bonding time and feeding time), it still is certainly not free. Not to mention the possible effects of breastfeeding on the family dynamic. Let's say the mother drops everything and spends 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with her child, breastfeeding, nurturing, coddling, what have you for the first six months. Certainly her partner would have to continue his job in order to earn money for the family (this is assuming the mother has a partner worth the oxygen he consumes). So in this six months, the mother forms a bond with the child that the father will never be able to experience. Not only this, but she makes herself solely responsible for the child's personal/emotional/physical well-being, while the father is more or less a means to an end - money. At the end of the six months, if the mother returns to work (would she return to work, or would it be more "beneficial" for the child if she stayed home and coddled him forever?), do you expect the task of childcare to be divided equally at that point? It's nearly impossible to suggest such a task. The mother obviously has more experience with the child, and so the father has no choice but to defer to that experience and leave the "mother things" to the mom - ie feeding, dressing, cleaning, nurturing, etc. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my child growing up in the atmosphere of such a harsh gender divide. And I dare you to judge my mother for formula feeding us. My mother didn't provide us with "second best." My mother provided us with everything she had and more. She had to work in order to maintain our family, unlike the fictional "perfect mom" to which you seem to hold every woman accountable. She couldn't take hours a day out of her job to pump her breasts at her convenience because she had other responsibilities than staying at home and lovin' the babies. And, if I were you, I would never judge a woman on her personal choices (which, again, will never affect you) because I bet there are quite a few worse things that you - and everyone else - could be judged for in the end. If you prefer breastfeeding, then, by all means, breastfeed your own children - but keep your judgmental nose out of other families' personal affairs. Also: "One feeding session burns the same number of calories as running 5 miles." BS. Care to show some proof? Seems like some more sensationalized pseudoscience to me.

The breast feeding nazis have really become unbearable. You wouldn't believe how many cases I have witnessed where, like in my case, the breast-fed baby was crying almost 24/7, but the breastfeeding Nazis ruled categorically out that the baby could be hungry even if it didn't gain weight properly. Because, you can guess it by now, probably: breast feeding always works, breast feeding is always the best, every woman can breast feed, and if you dare to give the crying baby a bottle you are doomed!