By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 217
You deserved it 4 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

Rach17 0

OMG, your family sucks! Good for you for accepting who you are, and even if they think you being bald because of chemo isn't pretty, everyone with a heart finds it beautiful! You're absolutely amazing for accepting who you are. :) F your family!

YDI for having cancer. XD But seriously slap your family across the face for me.

Hmm. YDI for having cancer...? Woops i totally forgot, Cancer is something you can control. People these days.

I take it they were joking since their next line began, "but seriously"...

Come be in my family! We will accept and love you! Your family doesn't deserve such a kind, brave soul as yourself. You deserve a better family!

Bottom line is you're the one experiencing the side effects of cancer, so the family can stuff it. It's too hard on them? Waaah. They'll get my sympathy when they get cancer. Until then, ignore the naysayers on this site, because we all know that little boys with no hope of ever getting laid have to work their aggression out somehow. Live strong, and best wishes to you.

GeometricAngle 7

#1 needs to shut the hell up. Your parents are assholes.

Amandizzle 0

They are not embarrassed by YOU They are still having a hard time excepting that someone they love is very sick. Your baldness is a constant reminder of that; so a wig would help them cope. Soooo please think things through b4 posting "FML"

Kristoffer 35

FYL for having cancer. The hair thing? It's a minor issue.

my condolences. That's pretty ****** up of them.

aww... that's so horrible. ;-( FYL. take care of urself and dont worry about ****** up family.

g33ktr0n 0

mark266 deserves to die! I hope you get cancer.

I don't care how much of an asshole he is (and he really is a giant prick), you don't wish death or cancer on anyone. That said, OP, I'm so sorry your family is being so horrible. :(

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. It's pretty freakin' terrible to go through.