By Betrayed - 31/07/2009 09:35 - United States

Today, my family took me to a wig store saying I wouldn't feel so insecure about being bald because of my chemo treatments. When I told them I accepted myself and didn't want a wig, they came out and told me THEY couldn't accept it. My own family is embarrassed of me over something I can't control. FML
I agree, your life sucks 102 215
You deserved it 4 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Two things: First:congrats for your strenght and courage, half the healing process is a mental one, when you know you're gonna make it, you WILL make it! Keep fighting and it will be allright. Second, maybe what is embarrassing your family isn't your illness but the sheer fact that you're ill and that they can't to anything to help you. It's not something they can themselves battle against and it may hurt them a lot to see you without hair, a constant reminder that even if they are your family they can't protect you from everything.. I don't know how to say it in english but : Je t'envoie plein de bonnes ondes, courage!

Janelle561 0

She has cancer, and all you can comment is you just got owned by your family? Heartless much

Comments

Grey8106 0

if you said something like that to my face, #1, I would put YOU down.

Your family Sucks! You have no control over this, and I am glad you love who you are!

Who says YDI to a person who has cancer? ******* asshole all of you. I hope you grow up one day.

hope all who cursed the OP will get a bad case of throat cancer so they cant shout or curse anymore... immatured buffoons.....

seb12992 0

Your family sucks. My mom also had cancer and went on chemo, I wasn't going to force her to wear a wig, although she chose to wear one.

Not only are you probably unattractive, you also probably have thee most horrid personality because only someone sick in the head would say something like that.

irishlassie731 0

What the hell is your problem, dude? Has anyone in your life ever had cancer or any kind of terminal illness? Your personality sucks, and saying all this stuff to everyone one here just to get a rise out of them is just sick. Get therapy. You need it.

mark226 you are an asshole so **** yourself !!! cancer or anyother illness is not a laughing matter ! OP I hope you told your family off !!!

cassiljiha 0

Yeah.. seriously. #1 go die in a hole :] Your family sucks.... :[

Good luck with the chemo. I hope your family gets over their discomfort.

nwc020 0

They are embarrassed that you have Cancer. What a great family they are. What a bunch of C*nts