Fear & Malding

By Shaving it off - This FML is from back in 2018 but it's good stuff

Today, when I showed someone my 9-year old passport, she commented, “You look so different! Now you have that Jason Statham thing going on!” My hair goes down to my shoulders; this confirms that my receding hairline is real and it’s time to come to grips. At least I’m over 30. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 224
You deserved it 531

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohsnapword 21

Oh please. At least that said "you have that Jason Statham thing going on" and not "you look like you should be driving a white van with 'free kandy' spraypainted on the side".

they op said their passport was 9 years old, not they showed a 9 year old.

Comments

ohsnapword 21

Oh please. At least that said "you have that Jason Statham thing going on" and not "you look like you should be driving a white van with 'free kandy' spraypainted on the side".

EmDizzle2007 28

yeah, but they're upset that it isn't long all over their head... he's going bald is what he's getting at.

awildwhisper 30

Maybe they meant you'd make a great villain in a movie and should move to Hollywood?

jsikes 8

What 9 year old knows who Jason Statham is? Answer: no 9 year old, because this isn’t real

they op said their passport was 9 years old, not they showed a 9 year old.

PenguinPal3017 19

Lots of nine year olds know who he is, and the passport was nine years old, not the person.

That was rude. A lot of people are way too occupied with and judgmental of other people's appearance.

Ever think maybe not everyone's as obsessed with your hair as you are? Statham has a lot of qualities other than a shaved scalp. Maybe she was talking about ruggedness- "You were so wimpy looking! but not anymore, grr!" or maybe about that bitterness he exudes in many roles- she could have been hinting "Yikes your eyes have a lot more pain & anger than before. Try yoga?". Even if she did mean the hairdo so what? She didn't say you look bad, she said you remind her of an actor who is pretty hot.