By fmlsrsly - 25/03/2009 16:43 - United States

Today, I went to the doctor to find out why I've been feeling so sick the past several weeks. Turns out, I'm severely allergic to the cat of my girlfriend of two years. I told her "It's me or the cat." She chose the cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 436
You deserved it 30 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That was a bit selfish of you. There are such things as allergy medicine. To some people, their pets are like their children. And for you to make such an ultimatum is an asshole move. Good job.

jesslackszazz 0

To be honest, i'd choose the cat as well.

Comments

Vidmantas 0

Those who said cat are dicks. it's a goddamn cat, what is it gonna do, complain? She's a btch for choosing cat over a human.

Her BF is a dick for making her choose between a cat she likely loves as if it were her child and him instead of thinking of a more compromising solution

Honestly...I would choose my cat over being with any guy. That's natural. I wouldn't go throw my cat out on the street or in the pound just because my boyfriend had allergies. Can't you get shots, anyway? Animals are like kids. Remember the end of the Parent Trap, when they went on the camping trip?

Gotta have more personality than the pet if you wanna pull that one. =p

MakinBacon 0

I'd choose my dog over a girl. The dog will always be my friend, while the girl will probably break up with me at some point.

Ottawa_Sucks 0

How would you go out for two years without ever having any sort of contact with the cat? Or now know that you were allergic to cats already anyway?

wotchersarah 0

next time don't give an ultimatum. IA with #57

walash12 0

#36: the comments are mostly sayin' he deserved it because, in general, the people who say yea your life's f'd to a story just click it and move on...but the ones who say you deserved it wanna leave a comment telling them why..lol. Anywho...gotta agree with pretty much everyone... 1. Dumb ultimatum 2. Pets are better than people...in most cases. They don't care if your ugly or putting on some pounds. And they don't get tired of you after a couple months... She woulda been real dumb to get rid of her cat for YOU...

What girl would get rid of her cat for a guy? why would you expect it? why can't you just treat your allergies??

AxeGunner 0

1 - I know people who have really bad allergies. Even if she had gotten rid of the cat, one month to a few months later he would still be having allergic reactions just by being in the house, even ON medication, if it's as bad as OP makes the allergies seem to be. 2 - Mostly everyone who said they'd give up their cat is either fat, single, or both.

A lot of people said how they would choose the cat because he made them choose. I'd choose the cat just because I love my kitties better than I could ever love some random guy. Oh, and cats don't talk, either. That alone makes me prefer them to people in general.