By horniness - 10/10/2009 16:30 - Hong Kong

Today, I was in a bad mood after being stuck in traffic for 2 hours and late for work. I was walking to my building when I saw a 100 dollar note flying my way. A man called after me for it, but being selfish I took the note in my pocket as a little reward. That man was my boss. Yes, I'm fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 038
You deserved it 74 929

Same thing different taste

Comments

tekcor 2

Don't come complaining here just because you're a terrible person.

i dont believe that no one that have totally panned me here have not been selfish at times. besides i am fired, u want to fire me one more time?

if i could, i would. yes, we've all been selfish at times, but what you did goes far beyond selfishness. you literally took someone else's money right in front of them. frankly i find it appalling that you're even attempting to justify your actions. take your karmic reward for being a douche and shut the **** up.

ok u asshole first of all hong kong is the most densely populated city in the world there are more people than cars so practically everybody with a average income and a job owns a car. plus it was the damn rush hour and i was in the middle of it. second of all, the note was flying, as on the floor. lastly of all i wouldn't even be replying to such a retarded comment if i had a job.

skybeau 0

Your replies truly show your intelligence. OP - you pocketed some money, despite hearing someone else say it was theirs. There's a very big difference between selfishness and theft. I've been selfish - when I was a kid, I sometimes didn't share toys with my sister, and there have been times I didn't help others when I could/should have, or when I've pushed others to help me. That is selfishness. Stealing someone else's money is NOT selfishness, it's theft.

ummm... there are many ways to put it? in a way it is selfishness, and theft, by stealing you are being selfish. and i did mention stealing in my post, but in a different way. damn, u tell me i have no intelligence but in fact you are egocentric and a retarded asshole who is trying to put me down even more. please re-evaluate my intelligence, and my evaluation of yours is that you are a shitbrain. if i had a job, trust me, i wouldn't be arguing with kid like you.

Either way, you deserved it... it's your own fault you don't have a job now. Just because you were having a bad day doesn't mean you should take something from someone. If the guy hadn't yelled out for you to give it back, then it would be different. I work at a shitty job full time where I probably won't be getting a raise anytime soon, and I definitely wouldn't risk it for $100. I've got mouths to feed.

wait a second, i think i need to mention that i lost a hell of a lot of money when lehmann brothers bankrupted. plus, my salary isn't exactly fantastical. try to imagine urself in my place when my fml took place before u condemn me...

Oh, you're having money problems? Well, stealing is okay then! *sarcasm*

I'm with you OP. Everyone likes to point out 'moral faults' in other people to try and make themselves feel better. I don't think anyone out here wouldn't have done the same thing.

Uh, no. Finding 100 dollars, sure, most of us would keep it. But when the guy who owns it calls after it, I'm sure a lot of us would give it back. The OP is a pretty big douche, anyway...he isn't "anyone", he's a dick, and he thought he was entitled to the money. Not only this, but he thought he would find sympathy from regular people (on the internet, no less), as if he didn't do anything wrong. Stealing isn't a thing that just "anyone" does.

I probably am almost in your place. I got fired from my one job two months ago, and finally just found a new one... but not working for two months put me in debt. I don't make a lot of money at my new job and I am slowly trying to pull myself back out of debt, but it's hard. Especially since I have two friends living with me part time until they find jobs themselves, so not only am I supporting myself, but them as well. Of course I would be excited to find $100 on the ground. I'm happy when I find $5 on the ground... but if someone claimed it, then I would give it back. I've lost $20 before, and I was pretty upset. If I had seen someone picking it up, I would be happy to know they would give it back if I let them know that it was mine. You say you're going through a hard time, but think about it. What if that guy hadn't been your boss? What if it was a man who was working hard to feed his kids, and that $100 bill was the last of what he had for a week, and you took it when he asked for it back? I'm sorry you lost your job, and that you're going through a hard time, but $100 is a lot of money to take from someone knowingly. Put yourself in his shoes, and try to imagine what he was thinking when he saw that.

Reward? For what? Being an asshole? Having a bad day doesn't mean you can steal shit from people and get away with it, ESPECIALLY when the man is ****** chasing after you. YDI, big time. Good luck finding a new job.

i guess ur empirically right. but when u have lost 20000 dollars of your life savings in the market i doubt u will be charital.

Right and wrong don't change based on your personal circumstances. It would have been one thing to pocket the money if no one was around, but when someone actually calls out to you saying "Hey that's mine!" you ******* give it back, dumbass.

Shut the **** up, you knew the risk when you joined the market. Just because you lost money doesn't give you the right to steal, dumbfuck.

RubixMonkey 0

"Of your life savings" does not mean all your life savings. And think about other people for once. You lost a lot, and in YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES you cannot be charitable. Charity is giving something you have to someone who has nothing or very little. I don't see how stealing some money some guy lost is being charitable. If anything being in your shoes would mean you want to help people who might lose money as well.

EXACTLY. How the hell would your NOT STEALING be considered charity? Giving someone's lost money back does NOT equal charity, it's just doing the right thing.

Wow, "intelligence" seems like too big of a word for you to use and understand. And omfg, wait, MY insults suck? Hang on a second, what insults are you producing? "go to town and see a doctor" "queer name" "retarded ego" "loser" Not to mention the many times you've called people "asshole", "bitch", "retarded", and your recent "insult" to RubixMonkey, "hermaphrodite". How lame. XD And now apparently I'm an ugly bitch with a dirty mouth, and RubixMonkey and I need to get laid. XD You are so ******* pathetic. You're reaching for sad insults that couldn't phase a five-year-old - in fact, I'm sure small prepubescent children have higher IQs than you do. How you've made it this far in life without getting yourself killed or obtaining brain damage is quite astounding. No wonder you got fired. You're completely brainless, and you were probably on the verge of getting your ass sacked in the first place. Your theft was probably just the straw that broke the camel's back. P.S. I'm sorry if my choice of big words confuses and upsets you, but I choose not to use preschool terms and insults like you do.

RubixMonkey 0

Witchcraft, you are like the coolest person on here. Mostly because you agree with me. And your name is kick ass.

Whoops, my reply went to the wrong spot. Thanks, RubixMonkey, right back at ya. ^^ You speak the truth, and you use great logic, unlike this dumbass.

RubixMonkey 0

WORD. LOL. I wish that were always the case but Op is jerky enough logic just seems to fall out of the sky.

I want to know why he's saying "dollars" if he's from Hong Kong. *shrug* Didn't see your comment until just now, by the way. I think we've wreaked havoc on this page, because now everything's all jumbled and out of order. XD

Hey, I've so far lost about ten thousand dollars in the stock market (and I'm only eighteen, so I'm REALLY going to be feeling that when it comes time to go to college), but I have neither complained or contemplated stealing someone else's hard-earned money just because life's going to be rougher for me than it would have been. (And I didn't even make the decision to put it all in the market like YOU did- my family put all my money in there.)

satanstoystore 0

reward for sitting in traffic? bull shit. you get rewards for Solving traffic congestion, not creating it. and return $$ you find. i found $5 and gave it to a manager. a minute later a little girl was crying looking for her $5. it felt good, better than being selfish. stuck in a shitty world? start making it better by starting with yourself, rather than waiting around for whatever the wind blows your way.

suaveneanderthal 0

seeing as how the hong kong currency is .13 to the U.S dollar your $100 note there was only worth about 13 US dollars... i would have to say that I'd give that back to anyone regardless of if i had seen who was calling for me... not that i've ever had a ten and three ones blown in my general direction before...