By Anonymous - 02/02/2016 10:17 - Canada - Cambridge

Today, I was at the gym. I'm 360 lbs and have finally decided it's time to change that. Some girl and her two bitch friends thought it'd be fun to follow me and belittle me at everything I did. When I mentioned it to the staff, they said that they were just "encouraging" me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 148
You deserved it 2 273

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They have problems that hitting the gym won't fix. Hang in there, OP.

Comments

Garnetshaddow 30

People like that are completely heartless. I also struggle with my weight and I would be crushed if people did that to me at the gym. If the staff is not helpful, demand to speak to management directly. If that doesn't help... cancel your membership. They hate that. You can find another gym with more supportive staff. Please don't give up. You made a decision for you and these horrible people shouldn't end your journey. If you have any friends who would like to work out with you, see if you can form a group. I've also made pages online with friends where we encourage each other. Also... It looks like we here at FML have your back. That's a start.

Best thing to do is ignore them and they will go annoy someone else. Or put drugs in their gym bags and tell management. Problem solved!

That has happened to me quite a bit. Some people just suck. That's why I work out at home now. Couldn't take the constant cruelty.

mwali02 32

Your health is all that matters here. You are working towards improving your physical health. That is fantastic. We commend you for that. Now your mental health. We (us FMLers) truly encourage you to keep up the hard work and effort. The gym also needs to have your back. Even if that means reporting them to upper management, the newspaper, social media, anything and everything. Commit to seeing and experiencing the change. Who knows how many people may have switched gyms because of their poor attitudes. As for these girls, they maybe rotten people, but karma will sure be nasty to them if that is truly how they are. Wear huge noise blocking headphones, report them if their behaviour continues, and keep pushing through. You can be a great force for change. Wishing you the best on your health journey! I trust that you'll be an inspiration to many people along be way. We are proud of you OP! :)

Let's move up the alphabet. These aren't bitches they're *****.

Don't let those fuckos get you down. If only their problems could be solved by exercise. Keep up the good work. Kick ass and take initials because you don't have time for names.

tell em to take a long walk off a short pier the **** faces!

I'm sorry. That's not fair or nice. Good for you on working out!

Think nothing of it. When you've reached your goal and found happiness, they'll still be at that same gym with nothing better to do than make fun of people. You definitely win here.

LostInTheZone11 29

Charge them and pin them to the ground.