By Anonymous - 16/07/2009 00:17 - United States

Today, I took my road test. I'd never had driver's training and my mom taught me how to drive. I failed the test so badly, and when I got home my mom admitted to having taught me how to drive completely wrong because she didn't want me to get my license as she thinks I'm too young. I'm 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 886
You deserved it 4 557

Same thing different taste

Top comments

file a complaint that your mom tried to have you killed.

marxmarv 0

The best revenge takes only five words: "I choose your nursing home."

Comments

As much as it sucks that your own mother sabotaged (sorry if I've spelled that incorrectly, early morning, what can ya do) you in such as way...You do kind of deserve it. It's really not a good idea to learn from someone who isn't certified/qualified/licensed to instruct, because even if your mother was being genuine in her teaching you how to drive...she could've also passed on any bad driving habits she might've had, which could also hinder you. So, unless there's some other extenuating circumstance (i.e. you're working or for some other reason could not take a driving course at whatever time it was offered and the only time you could learn was by taking advantage of the somewhat more flexible and accomodating schedule a relation would have) you really should've taken the course. Instructers know how to teach driver's ed without implementing their own personal habits.

ithedarkknight 0

your moms an asshole i remeber getting my license what a mess that was... i was told i could drive good but i was just to nervous... took me about 3 times to get mine because they said i was just to nervous behind the wheel i didnt think i was but what ever and the people that did get there license before me has been in crashes got there car stuck in lakes some bullshit and im like and those are the people that get there license WOW funny it took me the longest and i never been in a accident thank god... but its funny how thing work out bro

By the time you're old enough to get your license, you really should be old enough to use punctuation.

bluedoll 1

This happened on Grounded for Life and was threatened on an episode of Army Wives. And the Stop signs in white ARE NOT OPTIONAL. You must stop at all stop signs.

That's why you go to class and not let your stupid mom teach you how to drive. Words can not describe how much of a bitch she is.

She's 18 and I know driver's ed around here is ONLY available in high school and it's extremely hard to get into.

This sounds a LOT like an ep of grounded for life

MrKrypt 0

Now I'm not trying to be mean, but you totally deserve it. Driving a car, assuming it has an automatic transmission because no body likes to drive real cars anymore, is one of the easiest things to do. Now it sucks that you have a mother that has such a warped sense of protection, but if you can't figure out how to push the pedal and turn the wheel on your own then you really shouldn't even try to get your license.

Sure, the ACT of driving is simple and usually only takes common sense, but maybe the OP's mom didn't teach her some LAWS that need to be followed when driving.

I hope your mom hasn't taught you about sex. For instance, if she taught you that blowing nice, older men was wrong, then she is teaching you COMPLETELY WRONG.

Oh, come on. You know you're not nice. XD

I'm very nice. I'm concerned that she start her adult life on the straight and narrow path. I wouldn't want to see her to go off half-cocked.