By Anonymous - 16/07/2009 00:17 - United States

Today, I took my road test. I'd never had driver's training and my mom taught me how to drive. I failed the test so badly, and when I got home my mom admitted to having taught me how to drive completely wrong because she didn't want me to get my license as she thinks I'm too young. I'm 18. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 886
You deserved it 4 557

Same thing different taste

Top comments

file a complaint that your mom tried to have you killed.

marxmarv 0

The best revenge takes only five words: "I choose your nursing home."

Comments

You know, when someone will call you a son of a bitch, I think you shouldn't be offended.

That's ridiculous. Your mum is a retard for doing that. At least stories like these remind me that I have decent parents.

1). Get a job. 2). Pay for drivers' training. 3). Drive far, far away from that controlling bitch.

You're 18 and you couldn't figure out you were driving "completely wrong?" YDI, but FYL for having her as a mother.

My thoughts exactly. And how do you even drive completely wrong without severely endangering yourself and anyone else in the car with you?

Finally someone who had the exact same thoughts I did. I mean HOW in the world does that happen? When I started taking driving lessons at 18 I already technically knew how to drive a car (mind you, stickshift!) because I had seen in it a billion times sitting next to my parents in the car... And if it was rules or roadsigns you didn't know stuff about then YDI for not learning the theoretical stuff, don't get in a car if you don't know WTF you're doing...this so reminds me of that one dumb person who believed stop signs with a white outline are optional o.O" But because of dumbasses like this in Germany you HAVE to take your lessons at a certified driving school in the driving school car where the driving instructor has his own clutch, gas pedal and breaks...so he can at least prevent some stuff that dumbasses are doing :D

mejarema 0

I agree with #39. Seriously, did you pay attention at ALL while you were a passenger? If you're thinking to yourself, "Hmm, she isn't driving the way she tells ME to...", that should be a pretty big hint. While I did take the requisite courses and such for my state, it was more of a formality at that point; I had learned almost everything I needed through simple observation. Driving isn't exactly a difficult thing, so long as you keep your mind on the road.

CountDuk 5

I'm guessing she's trying to cover up. She did her best to teach you and that's just an excuse for you failing.

What... the... ****? I know two people who should NEVER be allowed to drive, and that's you and your mom. You, because you didn't notice it was _ALL WRONG_, which you should've noticed from so many things. If you're not interested enough to notice this you shouldn't drive. And your mom. Does she think the world revolves around her? What the hell? This pisses me off, why can't people realise that driving is something you need to commit to seriously? God damn...

Does no one realize that she could've taught her how to do something very small and insignificant wrong so that she would fail (one mistake = a fail)? She could've told her to look out her mirrors instead of turning around to back up or how to do a three point turn in the wrong direction (who does that in real life? hardly anyone!) or to put on her signal a little too early or too late. Jesus Christ, people.

you don't fail for such little things you did wrong like what you gave as examples, so no no one thought of that. you don't fail for doing one thing wrong. they take off a certain amount of points for doing something wrong, and based on how many points you get taken off you either pass or fail. you would still pass for doing a few simple things wrong. so obviously the OP had to do something terribly wrong.

YDI because you didn't notice, and you also didn't take driver's ed. You kinda should've noticed it. I highly recommend Driver's Ed: you'll save *LOTS* of money on insurance in the end. I'm getting my license soon, and it helps, a lot!!

shewasalmost18 0

dont you need to take driving class before the test? im confused