By Hank - 14/05/2009 14:17 - Canada

Today, I scored two prime baseball tickets from a supplier at work. I phoned my dad to tell him the good news. He said that's great, my brother and him would love to see the game. I said, no, I'm taking you to the game. He told me I was being selfish and hung up the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 774
You deserved it 3 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

umm....wow...that's a bit messed up. You were thinking of him and he calls you selfish for it?

Comments

lyndis_fml 0

By saying "No, I'm taking you to the game," you weren't being selfish. You were being a jerk. It's up to him whether you take him to the game or not. He can choose not to go. You acted like you have a right to control what he does, which is not right at all. So whether or not his assessment was accurate, you did deserve to be taken down a notch for asserting that you will, whether he likes it or not, take him to the game.

I read it as the stress being on the 'I'm'. In an 'I'm going and I'd like to take you' way not a 'You ARE going to the game with me' way. That's not being a jerk, that's being totally fair. If I got tickets from work for a game or something then I would want to go - if I didn't then I wouldn't have tried to get them in the first place. If, however, I was buying the tickets as a birthday present and gave two to whoever they were for then it's fair enough for them to say 'oh I'm going to take your brother because they'll enjoy it more' if I desperately wanted to go then I'd give them one and tell them I had another to go with them.

All of those people at the stadium who can afford tickets and won't let anyone else go with them are just so selfish. [/sarcasm] I guess your dad isn't going to the game anymore.

tami1215 0

Take your brother and have a great time! OP = original poster or opening poster. Or, it means Author of the FML.

Sooooo, taking out ur family to have a great time is selfish? wow, suddenly i feel all my karma chips falling away from me :(

im actually at a charity event right now, judgey, and im posting from my iphone

You poor thing. FYL. I love [/sarcasm] how everyone's trolling, calling you selfish, pulling reasons why you're selfish out of no where. Your father has psychological issues if he's trying to push favoritism that far up your nose. =| Take someone else. You probably wouldn't enjoy it with him, anyway ...

xxjohnx5 - Aaaaaaaand it's official. Troll of doom XD Of course, I could pull you up on the iPhone, but at this point, it's just funny.

totoro_fml 0

invite someone else not your brother or you dad