By Hank - 14/05/2009 14:17 - Canada

Today, I scored two prime baseball tickets from a supplier at work. I phoned my dad to tell him the good news. He said that's great, my brother and him would love to see the game. I said, no, I'm taking you to the game. He told me I was being selfish and hung up the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 774
You deserved it 3 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

umm....wow...that's a bit messed up. You were thinking of him and he calls you selfish for it?

Comments

At first glance, I certainly thought the father was being ridiculous, as the OP wanting to go to a game he himself got tickets for seems perfectly fair, and not at all selfish. But, it is possible that there is background info explaining why the father called him selfish: Maybe the brother and dad are life-long, die-hard fans of the team and the OP has no real interest in baseball. Maybe the OP had just gotten prime tickets to a game the week before and taken a friend, and his dad and brother can't afford tickets like that. There a lot of possible explanations that the OP could be leaving out, in order to make his story sound more sympathetic.

xxjohnxx - I need an iPhone. I want yours. Give it to me. That is how things go down in your world, right? I'd get the iPhone because I want it?

Well **** that then. Take a friend, or just your brother.

If someone called me saying they had two tickets, I wouldn't automatically assume they were giving them away. I would ask who they're taking, and not be a dick and ask for them both.

wow that was really uncalled for if you don't want to see the game then i suggest you rip the ticket to shred and then give them to your dad in an envelope and be like "yes Dad, I am selfish"

Wow, your dad is a jerk. And good job #83, for being the only plausible YDI reply. They're you're tickets. You can do whatever you want with them. It's totally weird that he thought you'd give them both away, you should go with a hot girl, take pictures, and send them to him. XD

lmmmr 0

"my brother and him" = fail. He and my brother.

doesn't that fall under the category of "kick backs"

If your dad really wants your brother to go so badly, then you should take your brother instead of your dad. If he complains that he wanted to go, then he's being just as "selfish" as he accused you of being. I swear, parents are so ridiculous sometimes.

mike2012 0

lol mail him fake tickets and write a note saying sorry, here you go then when they go to the game they will get DENIED! that will teach your dad.