By Hank - 14/05/2009 14:17 - Canada

Today, I scored two prime baseball tickets from a supplier at work. I phoned my dad to tell him the good news. He said that's great, my brother and him would love to see the game. I said, no, I'm taking you to the game. He told me I was being selfish and hung up the phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 774
You deserved it 3 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

umm....wow...that's a bit messed up. You were thinking of him and he calls you selfish for it?

Comments

I find it strange that everyone assumes being selfish (self-interested) is a bad thing. If you're not interested in yourself no one else ever could be! (Can't say 'I love you' without the 'I'). Your dad doesn't deserve your respect if he leeches off you like that. Take whoever's company you enjoy - your brother, a friend or girlfriend, your mom if she'd like to go... They're your tickets. Don't give them to someone else unless that's what *you* want to do.

ffpoisongirl 0

Well said, 32. OP, your dad has no right to dictate what happens with your tickets.

I agree with #3 Take your brother. That should be good enough of a swift kick to your dad's nuts. If he refuses too, go up to your dad and rip the tickets into pieces in front of him, unless you really want to go that is.

I swear some people shouldn't be allowed to breed(no offense to your existence) so many people on this site post the cruel things their parents say/do. The last generation was too immature, and now look what's become of our generation. Not to mention parents these days are generally complete assholes to their kids.

I think you're being really selfish. Maybe your dad is just lashing out at you for not getting him a birthday present or fathers day gift from a ways back. Maybe you should think about his feelings for once and stop being so GODAM SELFISH!

#37 how is that relevent to anything

Take your brother with you, that'll show your dad.

Wow. If your dad is getting on in years, could he just be a bit addled? Not trying to give you a new insightful take, obviously, since you know him and I don't, but if that's the case I'd ask again if he wants to come. Still though, not the way to deal with the situation. xxjohnx5, I was going to stick up for your after your first comment because I thought it was a joke, then I saw the more obvious troll. Woops. Fol ol de rol. #31, there's quite a jump between looking after yourself and putting yourself ahead of others. If you think that the "I" in "I love you" is the most important part, might want to rethink your priorities.