Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

By Anonymous - 19/03/2021 02:01

Today, I finally told my mom that it hurts me every time she calls me fat. She got offended that I'm offended. Now our whole entire extended family wants me to say sorry to her and them, because apparently they also call me fat behind my back. I'm a size small by the way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 510
You deserved it 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I have a lifelong eating disorder. When I was young and thin I was STILL told I was fat. I wore a size zero at one point. It messed up my thyroid and now I really am fat. Hosimotos is what I have. If you're not old enough to move away, do your best to ignore them.

Wow. **** them all. You don't need the negativity. Cut them all off.

Comments

Wow. **** them all. You don't need the negativity. Cut them all off.

Excellent advice if they don't change their demeanor. OP should cut them all off and choose the family he/she wants.

I have a lifelong eating disorder. When I was young and thin I was STILL told I was fat. I wore a size zero at one point. It messed up my thyroid and now I really am fat. Hosimotos is what I have. If you're not old enough to move away, do your best to ignore them.

I'm sorry to hear that OP. You in no way de serve to be ridiculed for your size no matter the reason. I can relate in opposite fashion because I use to get beaten up and bullied by most people around me. How j combated and solved this was by transforming myself. How I did it was by exercising and training in MMA to reduced the antagonism. Now I'm a muscular. My advice is to use those insults as motivation like I did and transform yourself into a better and stronger (any way you choose. You don't have to exercise and train in combat sports like I did) individual to make your mom and family sorry and guilty for hurting you.

Vesi 29

In all seriousness.. why should she change herself? Her toxic family is the problem, not her. She has the option to cut the toxicity out without having to change herself to suit anyone else.

Yeah. I suppose you're right...she should not have to please anyone so it's probably better to just cut them off in the future regardless

If you're from a XXS family, being a small might make you The Whale.

justwanttobesocial...butalsonot 9

cut them out, they sound awful

It sounds like they need to be removed from your life.

Sweetie 5

Being offended does not make you right. Tell them all to take a hike and that's being polite.

My husband was treated the same, his family often made jokes about his weight and when he finally said he had enough of it, his family said they were "joking" and that if he can't take a joke, then it's his problem. They also expect an apology. I'm sorry your family is like that, OP.

disown the whole damn family they are trash you are gorgeous nk matter what size you are and if you're a size small.then they are just retards you are.skinny as hell