By Jobless - 07/09/2010 23:27 - Canada

Today, I had a job interview. The moment I walked into the room, the interviewer said, "OK, I will interview you, but there is no way I'm hiring you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 232
You deserved it 4 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say "I'm actually a common-law attorney investigating allegations of incorrect labour practice. I'll listen to your excuses now, but I'm not going to believe any of them."

Ouch. Were you dressed unprofessionally or something? Without more info I can't decide if YDI or FYL.

Comments

I would have bailed! Even if it was a test, he would have to be a jerk to work for. Good luck next time, op!

The big question for me is: were you dressed professionally? If someone walked into a job where I was the hiring manager, and he/she was wearing jeans and a t-shirt--no matter how nice the jeans and t-shirt were--I would refuse to hire them too. Heck, I would even refuse to interview them, because it shows a fundamental lack of caring or respect. Also, if you have piercings and tattoos, was the jewelry removed and the tattoos covered? I have piercings, and I always take out the jewelry for interviews. I love them and hate doing it, but you have to play the game. No one is offended by a lack of piercings, but plenty of people are offended--for one reason or another--by piercings. Also, wearing your piercings' jewelry or not covering up your tattoos for the interview implies that you would not be willing to do so for the job, even if the dress code requires you to do so. You always have to dress for the job you want, especially during the interview. You should even dress professionally when dropping off the application, as that sets you apart. I've worked at jobs where teenyboppers have shown up in cutoffs and tank tops just to drop off the application, and they were not called for interviews because of this fact alone.

devans00 14

I hope you immediately left. why waste your time? why work with such idiots?

I wouldve prob smacked him & then left, wouldnt be too bad

I'd ask what was wrong with me and then walk out. I'd want to know what gave the interviewer such an immediate negative reaction...

blahzz 4

I would throat punch the person.

That's good that he said it out loud. Now you have grounds to sue