By Jobless - 07/09/2010 23:27 - Canada

Today, I had a job interview. The moment I walked into the room, the interviewer said, "OK, I will interview you, but there is no way I'm hiring you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 232
You deserved it 4 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say "I'm actually a common-law attorney investigating allegations of incorrect labour practice. I'll listen to your excuses now, but I'm not going to believe any of them."

Ouch. Were you dressed unprofessionally or something? Without more info I can't decide if YDI or FYL.

Comments

xXxDestinyXxX 0

More details please! What did you look like?!?

Laby_fml 9

Lovely picture, and it's true how no one can really vote since the information is obscure

ya know, it's fmls like this that cause me to believe that the op should be required to give a certain amount of information, e.g., key details. you know...so it makes sense. |the kid|

itz_towelie 6

you cant fault the guy for bein a straight shooter

goldhighways 0

awww that's not fair at all. did he tell you why? I'm sure he'd have to have a good enough excuse to say that to you before even going through with the interview. fyl op

Arsonnist 3

Obviously the guy wanted to get to know you. Stalker! Report him.

sourgirl101 28

It's sad but many don't dress proper where I work. One of my pet peeves are people coming in and asking to borrow a pen to fill out an application. Not prepared in my book.

Start recording on your phone, ask him to repeat himself. Then sue the ass of him for discrimination.

libertarian 0

this bugs me in America. private business can and should be allowed to pick their employees with full discretion. best worker for the position. if they pick a less qualified white guy over an over qualified black guy, their business will suffer and their competitor can pick up the black guy and flurish.

RedPillSucks 31

Unfortunately, they would do exactly that. I had a manager at an engineering firm that only had a highschool degree. He was a horrible manager, and we were constantly having to conver his butt, but he was part of the good-ol-boy network. Business don't always hire the most qualified person when they're allowed to discriminate.

fishertruck 0

Maybe he was just testing your response to a situation that would evoke negative emotion from you :) Or it's possible,like others were saying,you weren't dressed appropriately for an interview.There's not nearly enough information to judge who was at fault.

Kanvis78 0

You whiney little babies, OP never said he wouldn't get hired because of race, religion , age , etc etc . So all you fools crying discrimination, shut it. Most likely came to the interview looking like a slob, or late, or flaming, etc. :) Enjoy.

underyourbreath 8

I'd agree if you took out "flaming"... besides being offensive, that's still discrimination