Waste of time

By wasteoftime - 07/06/2017 20:00

Today, I went to a job interview. I never applied for the job, they'd sought me out, had a phone interview, and sent samples, all before the face-to-face interview. Turns out none of the people I met with had even read my resume or writing samples. I was told I might not be a good fit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 297
You deserved it 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Might've been worse to end up working there, if they're that disorganized.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

I would write this out of your memory.

Comments

Might've been worse to end up working there, if they're that disorganized.

CrazyTrainWreck 19

I would write this out of your memory.

Write them a note saying, "Thanks so much for wasting my time."

Maybe they didn't like your personality

Let me guess...you have an androgynous name and the interview was the first time they saw your face?

Duncan_A 5

The job I've got now(At a WISP) lost my CV but hired me anyway because I have a drivers license.

"You're right, this isn't a good fit. When a company seeks me out and asks me to interview, I expect them to not only have read the resume and writing samples they request of me, but I expect them to know who they are interviewing. I'm sorry you wasted my time and energy. I would expect an apology from you, but seeing as how you can't be bothered to remember that YOU asked ME here, I doubt that you would be hung up on manners either. Do not keep my name for any further consideration. Thank you for wasting my time."

lifehappensbutwhyme 10

OP here- thanks for the support. Honestly I was having a huge pity party when I submitted this. I was pretty honest about my experience and qualifications so I was pretty angry that I had spent 2 days preparing for the interview and they hadn't bothered to even look at my resume and writing samples the person I talked to on the phone requested. But oh well. I just interviewed (face-to-face) with a small. company that did read my resume and has better benefits. So, hopefully that will work out instead!