By Jobless - 07/09/2010 23:27 - Canada

Today, I had a job interview. The moment I walked into the room, the interviewer said, "OK, I will interview you, but there is no way I'm hiring you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 232
You deserved it 4 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say "I'm actually a common-law attorney investigating allegations of incorrect labour practice. I'll listen to your excuses now, but I'm not going to believe any of them."

Ouch. Were you dressed unprofessionally or something? Without more info I can't decide if YDI or FYL.

Comments

claudiame 0

WTF is up with Canada?!?! u might have decent health care but you job practices suck!

compasseagle89 8

WTF is up with claudiame?!?! u might have decent misunderstanding of how the world works but you spelling and grammar suck!

Oh c'mon! In order to get a reaction like that, then you must've done SOMETHING you shouldn't have. interviews are all about great first impressions and apparently you were too stubborn to play the game. Nose ring? Didn't dress to impress? Screwed his wife? ;) It had to be something on your part.

Ha At least they were honest. You got interview practice out of it so don't complain. You probably wouldn't have gotten the job anyway because you scare people.

xdanixx 0

That sucks! Hope you walked out

Duchess04 0

That is unprofessional of her, I don't exactly know why she said that, could be the way you dress and show yourself or she particularly know you & heard stuff about you, but either way, that is discriminatory action and is very unethical

Kanvis78 0

Just because an employer doesn't hire everyone that comes in the door, by no means, is unethical or discrimatory!

It's not discriminatory. Most of the USA is not right-to-work but even if it was you honestly believe employers are not allowed to not hire someone for just about whatever reason? Moron.

OP could have been dressed perfectly and be the exact race they (MAYBE) needed to fill some demographic and still got that line for many good reasons. In the past I worked building computer boards and they looked for people with smaller hands to do the delicate work. So, if some big, brawny, fat fingered guy interviewed for a job like that, he would not get it. However, even though the interviewer may not feel you are right for this particular job, you always want to do your very best, make a good impression, and not burn any bridges. You may be considered for another position in the company instead, if you did pull off a good interview....

EvilDave 13

Of course, the interviewer may have already found the perfect candidate or the posting might have just been a formality because they had already decided on an internal candidate but are required to post the job.

EvilDave 13

I always love to read these FMLs and the comments from the teens and early 20s who have little to no experience in the real world making unsupported assumptions about the posts and making patently false statements about the law.

devans00 14

I agree EvilDave. Lots of FML posters make me think: inexperienced, naive, gullible, clueless. And those are only the ones I think are trying to be serious.

I hope you did not get away...perhaps it was a test... some jobs need a cool guy...