By Jobless - 07/09/2010 23:27 - Canada

Today, I had a job interview. The moment I walked into the room, the interviewer said, "OK, I will interview you, but there is no way I'm hiring you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 231
You deserved it 4 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's when you say "I'm actually a common-law attorney investigating allegations of incorrect labour practice. I'll listen to your excuses now, but I'm not going to believe any of them."

Ouch. Were you dressed unprofessionally or something? Without more info I can't decide if YDI or FYL.

Comments

kazzythesavage 0

that's so stupid. I'd walk out.

pwincessa23 1
pwincessa23 1

I like the dolphins on top of ur toilet. hahhahahaha! u look so serious!!!! lol

if u were opposite genders maybe they found you ugly :(

52- That's discrimination, and they can get in a lot of shit if their boss finds out they refused to hire someone for aesthetic reasons. OP- Hopefully it's because you didn't have the required credentials or you didn't meet the criteria.

but why would they have offered the interview in the first place?

I wouldn't walk out, what if it was a test to see how much you wanted the job.

84 that's exactly what I was thinking.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I had the same thing happen to me once... I however decided to go thru with the interview only to be escorted out after and told to put some clothes on.

95- According to the law, everyone has the right to fair treatment. Meaning, they can't be refused at an interview because they're of a particular race, gender, orientation, etc. The only reason why a person may be refused like that is because they were dressed unprofessionally. It's a universal unspoken rule that one must dress modestly and appropriately when going to an interview. 97- Please refer to the latter half of my previous paragraph.

Employer is an asshole. Test or no test.

Ouch. Were you dressed unprofessionally or something? Without more info I can't decide if YDI or FYL.

JillianlikesVogu 0

I agree. It could be any reason why the employer didn't want them to have the job. For all we know, OP could be a tattooed coke *****.

Perhaps the interviewer had a hot but poorly-qualified candidate in mind, and he wanted to stack the odds in his or her favor. Why yes, it is Conspiracy Theory Wednesday. Incidentally, it is also Rosh Hashanah. Shana tova!

maybe she was being interviewed for Hooters and didn't have big enough boobs?!?

Dr_JuanDiaz 0

What was the point of staying for the interview then, I wonder....

Well darling.. it dosn't say if OP stayed or not.

libertarian 0

Desperation. hard rimes call fir sucking up your dignity. Who knows, maybe the op can change their mind. Or considerit practice. Practice makes perfect and a job interview is no different.

Perhaps the interviewer had a hot but poorly-qualified candidate in mind, and he wanted to stack the odds in his or her favor. Why yes, it is Conspiracy Theory Wednesday. Incidentally, it is also Rosh Hashanah. Shana tova!

chloe2114 4

Maybe it was a test to see how much the OP really wanted the job, :)

That's when you say "I'm actually a common-law attorney investigating allegations of incorrect labour practice. I'll listen to your excuses now, but I'm not going to believe any of them."

No you're not. You're 21 years old. You may be training to be a common law lawyer, but you're not one yet. The interviewer doesn't have to hire anyone he doesn't want to, plus your country is so ****** up with political correctness that he was probably forced to employ a black, muslim, midget, lesbian with a limp and a hump. Just to fill demographics!

FFML_314 11

That went right over your head, 24. Here's your sign.

roxyluv 0

at 24 u asshole wats bein Muslim gotta do with anything?

FFML_314 11

He doesn't know. He's mad, because he's still trying to find his penis.

retard...you don't know anything about how things work.

libertarian 0

then I'd reply this business has the right to higher someone based on our standards. it could have been a job as a personal trainer and the op is a lil fatties.

@24 Congratulations, you managed to turn a hypothetical rebuke into an advert for the dangers of idiocy and ignorance in the space of one statement. I envy your dedication. And by dedication, I mean lack of comprehension for the concept of contextualisation. And by that I mean you were being a damn idiot.

Pluto  Dam good. You win hands down.

oarisimo 4
schwancy 2

This is the best comment here! Not that piss-poor one above!

wow, already moderated...that should tell you that what I said about you rob was not kind. :)

oarisimo 4

rob, don't get mad just because you're too stupid to understand a damn thing.

FFML_314 11

Did you continue with the interview? Hopefully, you peed on his/her carpet.

FYL but if you were badly dressed for it, then YDI.