By anonymous - 29/03/2016 22:50 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, while riding my bike in the rain to a counselling appointment about my depression, my shoelace came untied and got caught around my pedal, causing me to go flying off my bike directly in a huge muddy puddle right in front of a busy street of people. No one offered to help me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 132
You deserved it 1 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope your day got better OP! Sometimes bad things happen but you just have to dust yourself off and keep your chin up.

RedCronos 17

Life has its way of giving us a rude awakening sometimes. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Comments

I hope your day got better OP! Sometimes bad things happen but you just have to dust yourself off and keep your chin up.

RedCronos 17

Life has its way of giving us a rude awakening sometimes. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Wow the universe can be cruel sometimes. Keep your chin up OP, things do get better ... Even if it seems like the world is standing in your way

hipposteve 21

Those are some crummy strangers. Better days ahead!

Keep your head up OP! Things will definitely get better..

In moments like that, the only way to feel better is to think about a worse case. Like, by example, that little chinese girl who got rolled over twice in a populous street, caught on video, and no one helped. Probably the saddest and most cruel thing I saw in my life.

hellobobismyname 24

It's kind of sad how people use other people's misfortunes to feel better about their life instead of doing something more positive to feel joy, such as making someone else smile... :( Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go read some more FMLs so I can forget my troubles.

Yeah, that really does the opposite effect of making someone feel better to remember that..

Just pick yourself up. Dont expect people to help because everyone has their own life and you must be strong. And because you have depression it might seem even more bleak. But don't worry; it will get better.

KickAss73 12

Thats the state of people these days. I bet loads of them took out their phones to film you though.

Bystander effect - the more people around to see something, the more the individual assumes someone else will help. I know this doesn't help you after the fact, but you can't take it personally.

Yeah, this. Not to mention, OP, on the street people are probably going about their own business and focused on that, not you. People in a hurry who'd otherwise stop to help might not notice that someone's in trouble.