By hellnooo - 15/08/2009 23:06 - United States

Today, I found out that I puke and then pass out at the sight of blood. I am a 16 year old girl expecting hundreds of periods to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 083
You deserved it 7 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haven't you seen blood before you turned 16?

alice_xoxo 0

Comments

they dont make women like they used to.....

niceNeasy 0

period blood isn't the same as regular blood, i've always been petrified of blood but it doesn't bother me when i get my period. you'll be fine.

soo..you passed out cuz of your period? there's a difference between needles and blood and period, and blood. you'll get used to it.

Cupcake10 0

which means hundreds more passing out and puking sessions to come!

i read this and then asked my 7 year old cousin how to spell sight and I gave him an example "today, a girl fell off her bike and fainted after the sight of her own blood" he then proceeded to spell sight (s-i-g-h-t) and then as he started to walk away he giggled to himself and i asked him what was so funny. he said "that was such a silly story, why would anybody faint looking at blood?" good question, alex

whatheffers 0

she might not actually be afraid of the blood. a lot of times when a girl gets her period (first time or not) she can be nauseous/lightheaded. even if she didn't feel it before, the sight of blood might cause those feelings. my friend skips school every time she gets it because she passes out like that.

That is because she probably has an iron deficiency. Women often get it because of our periods. Tell her to get iron pills, and she'll be fine instead of missing possibly important days of school.

Damn girl...I have to compliment you on your knowledge. You definitely know what you're talking about

LOL @ "nauseous" While the period itself may seem "nauseous" to you, I wouldn't consider someone experiencing their first menstrual cycle "nauseous." However, they may feel nauseated. Also, I suffer from iron-deficiency anemia, and my period definitely makes it a ton worse, especially during heavy flow, (which is almost always). Your friend should probably be tested for that; taking supplements is a real easy fix, gives you tons more energy, and helps prevent the inevitable hair loss associated with iron deficiency. Works wonders for me!

I always feel pretty sick on the first day of my periods. I just consider myself lucky that it's not as bad as some of the other commenters on this FML.

"prevent the inevitable hair loss associated with iron" Oh fu- They didn't tell me that one. I guess I better start getting on my pills then. So much for being knowledgeable.

Ibeapirate 0
kibblesnbits1053 0

Today, you realized you couldn't spell "sight." FYL.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read, I get sick at the SIGHT of blood too, and I don't freak out every time I get my period. You were just looking for something to put on the site.