By hellnooo - 15/08/2009 23:06 - United States

Today, I found out that I puke and then pass out at the sight of blood. I am a 16 year old girl expecting hundreds of periods to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 083
You deserved it 7 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haven't you seen blood before you turned 16?

alice_xoxo 0

Comments

You just got your period at 16? So basically you are at the same stage in your life as most girls at age 11-12? Damn that must suck.

For those people asking if she's ever seen blood before, I'm sure she has. I think her problem might be that it looks as of there is SO much blood. That's how I felt the first time I got my period. OP: fyl, try a diva cup. (y)

Spelling Nazi say "sight" not "site"!

AAAAHHHH12 2

Ironic how you said "say" instead of 'says'. The spelling Nazi says 'sight' not 'site'.

fartmouth123 0

FYL for not even starting your period yet lol.

Are you kidding? I would have loved an extra 7 years of being period-free. 16 is a normal age anyways.

fartmouth123 0

i was 9. 16 just seems extremely late to me.

Liddodollface 0

you should make an illustration out of this, you could put a bloody tampon in it or something. lmfao, that'd be gross ;P

meadowlark 0

Well, it's actually old tissue, not blood. But I know what you mean. You'll get used to it as you desensitize yourself and get more periods. It's a natural thing x

Of course it's blood. You're correct in the sense that the body shedding uterine lining (not that you've torn open some artery somewhere and it's all spilling out). But the tissue contains blood and a local network of blood vessels that your body excretes.

sooo... lemme get this right... your 16 and have never seen blood before...so you JUST learned that you puke and pass out at the sight of it? doesn't seem legit.

maddie94 0

i think it's awesome that she only got her's a 16. she could have had a whole lot of sex without the risk of getting pregnant. ...not that 16 year olds should be having sex /shifty eyes

Get pregnant. You'll be safe for 9 months.

pirate_girl_510 0

There are ways to limit your period. Also eliminate them. There are tons of birth control out there. You could get a shot once a month and not have a period at all. Or you could take a pill everyday and have a 3-4 day period..But it sucks being a girl for that reason. =[

Now this I don't get: Why do you want to get rid of a period when nothing is wrong with it? Yes, even normally it sucks, but to inject and/or ingest hormones just because you can't handle some discomfort? What? Wouldn't that kind of screw you up, too, if there's nothing wrong with you? (Just wondering) Yes my period hurts and all that (see above), but I don't think I'd ever just wimp out on it like that. Maybe I am just a masochist.

Oh, also, I thought 3-4 days was well nestled within the normal range of days a period lasts?

Nope. Some women (like myself) Get that lovely joy for 10 or 12 days. I love the chemicals. I really do. I'm not planning on having kids in the next ten years, so why should I endure 1440 days of bloody agony when I can keep it down to 160? It's a personal choice.

OR you could get the shot and bleed continuously for six months. You know, either way. :( But honestly, I'm in love with BC pills. Light, predictable, comfortable 3-day periods? Yes, please. I'll have a heart attack at 40 if I must to avoid all the shit I used to have to deal with on a monthly basis.

Wow, Alba, pretty sure that much bleedin' ain't right. Yes yes, have your pills 8C But I was meaning more regular periods. Yes, it is a personal choice, though....

boatkicker 4

mine last 10 days on average too. AND i cant drink/eat anything caffinated. I dont know why but for whatever reason caffiene screws me up and the cramps get so bad I can't move at all about 2 hours after I eat or drink it. However, I finally got myself on the pill and last month my period was only 6 days, and I had a coke one afternoon adn the cramps werent quite crippling. :D I know that "not quite crippling" and "6 day period" might sound crappy to some of you but for me that was amazing, and I'm really happy.