By hellnooo - 15/08/2009 23:06 - United States

Today, I found out that I puke and then pass out at the sight of blood. I am a 16 year old girl expecting hundreds of periods to come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 083
You deserved it 7 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haven't you seen blood before you turned 16?

alice_xoxo 0

Comments

i don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and doesn't die.

O..O Dude, that is so old. Why would you even say that.... makes you seem sad.

haha you are my new hero. i hate periods. but in reality you only lose about 3 tablespoons of blood every period. its other stuff too. that would just be horrible if it was only blood. no one would be able to control it you would have to wear like a super diaper.

you got that from the creeper in south park idiot!

I get queamish when I see blood too... I haven't puked or fainted, but I get dizzy as heck. I probably would faint if I saw enough of it. But it's totally different when I'm on my period. I don't really react to it at all, aside from the occasional "man this shit is gross and it sucks". But really. You'll probably be okay.

brownies_fml 0

no way this is the first time you've seen blood and youre 16 years old!!

Well being a girl and knowing what your aboutto go through yea your life is pretty much ******. Good luck with that

lmao, ur fckin lucky u hvnt gotten ur period yet. i got mine when i was 12 and its not THT bad so u might as well just suck it up.

LYL for getting it at 16! man i got mine at 14 and i wish i had never gotten it! haha but honestly, time to put on some big girl pads and suck it up. it's not that bad.

wow that sucks. I wanna know something. What is it about having periods that suck so much? are they painful? I'm not trying to be an ass, I just really want to know what about it causes the emotional change in women. (I'm a guy, so i wouldn't know.)

If you had clotty blood coming out of your penis i imagine you would be moody too. Also it sends their hormones all over the place, which messes with their emotions.

friedblueoyster 0

Well, they do hurt. It feels like your lower abdomen was punched the day before and now you're dealing with a huge bruise. Then your breasts become tender and for some women they are painful to the touch. The emotional change is due to the change in hormones your body puts out in preparation for a baby, and then has to compensate for when the baby isn't there. Plus you bleed for five days, give or take. So yeah. It sucks. Women take birth control to lessen the effects of their periods for a reason.

psyx 0

They're painful; they make you nauseated; also, they make you feel horrible because there is a whole lot of blood coming out of your ******. : /

I think the "getting punched in the stomach" sentiment feels about right for me. Sometimes, it's even worse; I've woken in the middle of the night several times because the cramps were so bad. Not to mention, when you walk or stand around for a while (or at least when I do), your ankles and ****** get sore too. Not horribly so, it's not necessarily painful at all, but it is uncomfortable. Luckily, I don't get sore boobs from it. Awright. A lot of exhaustion comes with it, too, and some girls get back pains and headaches. Plus, of course, there's the risk of iron deficiency, which causes dizziness and such. I have that. Oh, and let's not forget that horribly annoying spotting! "Oh, I'm a period, and I'm done, so guess I'll leave.... SYKE!" "Oh look, I'm a period! Oh wait, no I'm not." Oh, oh, and when periods don't follow their schedules... It had particularly great timing when I was visiting my penpal some thousands of miles away from home.

ya. I guess that's a reason why men should respect women. We have no experience what it's like to go through that.

i guess that's a good reason why men should respect women. We have no experience what it's like to go through that once a month.

It depends. For some women they can be VERY irregular, so you can't even plan on when you'll have it. It can be painful as well due to cramps (contracting of the uterus). For women who have additional issues such as ovarian cysts, endometriosis, etc, it is EXTREMELY PAINFUL. Some women experience PMS or PMDD - these cause additional physical and emotional/psychological disturbances. It causes bloating, tiredness, breast tenderness, headaches/migraines, etc. Not to mention, there is ******* blood pouring out of you. It just feels gross. It generally just makes you feel like shit.

brodie8 0

i have a question. and im a girl with my period but i dont know. @ damegreywulf: what is spotting? i dont think i get that

Spotting is when you have light bleeding not necessarily associated with your actual period. Like, say you have a bit of light bleeding a week before your period begins, or a week after, you would be spotting. Yeah, periods suck. :/ Not only am I iron-deficient, I suffer from severe dysmenorrhoea, so they suck extra-hard for me. I can feel lightheaded, dizzy, exhausted, etc from the anemia, and then crying and doubled over in pain from cramping due to the dysmenorrhoea. To make it even better, I bled for six months straight last year as a punishment for trying the Depo-Provera shot. Blegh. However, I am lucky in that I don't usually suffer from PMS/PMDD, so all the bitchiness I may experience during that time is solely from the fact that I feel as though ******* WEASELS are trying to tear their way through my abdomen while inordinate amounts of blood and body tissue are leaking from my ******. Not a pleasant experience to say the least.

YOu will get used to it :D. Just tell yourself it's either red paint or ketchup ;) Getting a period at 16 sucks though.

omgwtflolz 0

ur scared of ur own blood? wowww and u havent gotten ur period yet and ur 16? isnt tht bad?

No. Some people are late bloomers. I got mine when I was 11. I'm an early bloomer.