By Anonymous - 02/05/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my SAT and was feeling pretty good about it. I decided to turn on my phone, since it was on silent. As the guy was collecting our tests, my phone vibrated a little. My score was cancelled. It was a text from my mom reminding me to turn off my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 390
You deserved it 88 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you ever, ever turn your phone on when still in the room? You deserve that twice.

you deserve that sooo much...they repeat over and over again DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, is it that hard to be away from your cell phone for two seconds in order to take one of the most important tests of your academic life??

Comments

why did you need to turn it on?? it was on silent anyway, and you can't even use it while your test is still out. pointless. YDI, idiot.

A similar thing happened to me when I took the ACT. Except I had my phone on silent and didn't look at it. However, when the test was over it decided to malfunction, causing it to ring as if someone was calling. The person it said was calling insisted she never called, and we went through the AT&T logs and they said the call had no records and had never been placed. I was furious as they wrote VOID all over my test that I'll never know the score of...

sword_of_justice 0

This is why you do what you're told in this kind of setting. Don't take chances.

nightxrose 0

YDI. Apparently you think your phone is more important than college.

I do not have one bit of pity for you. Rules are rules. You're in high school. The world will not end in the few hours that your phone is off to do one of the most important things in your life.

Don't they make you leave your phones at the front of the room when you take the SAT's? At least thats what they did when I took it.

I would be too paranoid to turn on my phone in the same room, just in case. And since the SATs are supposed to be like... The "God" of school testing, I would've been especially paranoid to turn it on in the room. But then again, I usually have my phone on silent instead of vibrate. You can generally still hear it if it's on vibrate. Anyway... I clicked YDI. Mostly just because you turned your phone on in the same room...

ALL ours exams could get a no award for us if we even have a phone/electronic thing and are turned off or a piece of paper with us (even if it doesn't have anything on it).. you shouldnt have turned on your phone ;[

insane_chick 0

YDI for turning your phone on during the test even though you were toward the end... you could have waited the extra 5 mins. But your mother should have known not to text you. It's quit ironic though. XD WTF? Every SAT test I ever took, they confiscated all phones, put them in a bag, and locked them in another room. They also make you empty your pockets... LAME. Some girl's iphone got stolen, so the last couple of subject tests that I took, I didn't even bring my phone. I used a phone from the school.