No, of course she's not…

By so racist - 25/06/2020 02:02

Today, my mother burst into tears when I told her I was engaged. They were not tears of joy, however. She was crying because although she insists she’s "not" racist, she was crying because none of her grandchildren would be "pure." My fiancé is black. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 352
You deserved it 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word "racist" or the word "not."

tounces7 27

What the hell kind of "Pure" was she even expecting them to be in the first place? Like literally nobody is 100% of anything any more. We're all mutts in one way or another.

Comments

She obviously doesn't understand the meaning of the word "racist" or the word "not."

tounces7 27

What the hell kind of "Pure" was she even expecting them to be in the first place? Like literally nobody is 100% of anything any more. We're all mutts in one way or another.

Kristoffer 35

Not even 100% **** Sapiens Sapiens, as there's genes from **** Sapiens Neandertalensis (sp?) in most of us.

I’ll bet your parents aren’t of the same nationality. So that’s a mixed marriage also! It’s just that where your fiancés ancestors are from the skin is darker.

I hope the 100 people who clicked "You deserve it" all made a ******* mistake. I'm so sorry you and your fiancé are going through this, OP.

Let me know if that "Won't somebody think of the racists??" idiot turns up again.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

This is when you go to something like ancestry . com and horrify the harpy with her own history. There is NO WAY her bloodline is "pure"

That is kind of interesting. From here on out your family name and direct genetic line will be black and subject to all of the unfair: cultural, political, and criminal implications of being part of that particular group. Of course the real kicker is what your doing is one of the better steps to help alleviate the real societal issue here. I think your mother just doesn't want her grand kids to be the ones to fight that battle.

Oh great, your mom is one of "those" people...

Lolo ✨ 5

She’s definitely racist. All I have to say is keep her away from your kids (if you plan to have any). You don’t need her spreading her racist BS to your kids.