By Anonymous - 02/05/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my SAT and was feeling pretty good about it. I decided to turn on my phone, since it was on silent. As the guy was collecting our tests, my phone vibrated a little. My score was cancelled. It was a text from my mom reminding me to turn off my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 390
You deserved it 88 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you ever, ever turn your phone on when still in the room? You deserve that twice.

you deserve that sooo much...they repeat over and over again DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, is it that hard to be away from your cell phone for two seconds in order to take one of the most important tests of your academic life??

Comments

Your test book was closed and the guy was collecting the tests. My gosh, are we really this paranoid that people are going to cheat? It's not like you were looking on it DURING the test. Some people play a little too much by the rules. Sometimes you ahve to know which ones are a little bit stupid. What an asshole for doing that to you.

Common_Sense 0

Yeah, you don't turn on the phone until you're physically out of the building. Sucks to be you, but at least it was good practice! You still have a couple of months to take it.

LiveLoveLife_fml 0

YDI x 10... They are seriously sooooooooooooooooo strict about cell phones. Next time, wait until your OUTSIDE of the testing room.... or just leave it at home or in a bag... turned OFF....

kaymcx3 0

okay where the **** did you go? b.c someones phone vibrated DURING sats in my room.. and the teacher just looked up to see if whoever had like fidgeted to grab it. nothing happened :D

ari_lee 0

#112, yeah it sucks that some people are so strict but it is a rule and you are told probably 50 million times to have your phone off, don't touch it, and to make sure it is off during the whole test in the testing room. Plus unless the proctor was watching him/her take the test the whole 4 hours then how would he/she know the phone hadn't been on during the whole test? OP, YDI for being so stupid.

YDI, they told you not to turn on your phone and it must be completely OFF! you seriously couldnt wait until you left the room or until he was finished collecting the test to turn on your phone?

kellster 2

1. Obviously you shouldn't have turned it on until you were well out of the room. Better still, you shouldn't have even taken it. That's just asking for trouble! 2. Obviously it wasn't on silent, if it vibrated. Idiot. Good luck on that SAT score - my bad, the retake - if that's the kind of rationale you have at your disposal!

uhhuh_her 0

You deserved it. Obviously, you're not too bright. maybe it's a good thing, saves you from getting back a terrible score.

#2, how does she not deserve it? She acts as if she's the victim, when the other people taking the test are because she is disturbing them by turning on her phone. YDI

Aww man, that really sucks. I just took the SATs yesterday, they were such a pain! I can't imagine getting my scores cancelled. Thats awful though, the cell phone thing could have happened to anyone.