By Anonymous - 02/05/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my SAT and was feeling pretty good about it. I decided to turn on my phone, since it was on silent. As the guy was collecting our tests, my phone vibrated a little. My score was cancelled. It was a text from my mom reminding me to turn off my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 390
You deserved it 88 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you ever, ever turn your phone on when still in the room? You deserve that twice.

you deserve that sooo much...they repeat over and over again DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, is it that hard to be away from your cell phone for two seconds in order to take one of the most important tests of your academic life??

Comments

Deserved it, can't you wait until you're out? People today are so depending on entertainment that they can't even function.

wigwam 0

YDI. Couldn't keep your paws off your precious effing cellpohone? You're probably the type that answers their phone anywhere, anytime, regardless of who's around or what's going on. At the counter ordering a coffee? Doesn't matter, everyone else can wait while I talk. In a restaurant? Who cares, obviously everyone else wants to hear the details of my life and the waitress has lots of time to stand there and wait for me to finish my extra important conversation. Taking the SAT's, the most important test I'll take in high school? Jesus I better make sure I don't miss any calls or texts!

Wow YDI ...why would you even bring your phone?

tkiero 0

I've never turned my phone off for the SATs...I just put it on silent and don't use it while in the room. I don't really think I'm smart enough to cheat on the SATs haha they're not too hard though just long. That really sucks though you're proctor was probably really strict

Yeah... that was a pretty silly move. The SATs are very strict. You should've waited until you were out of the room hun. I guess you'll probably take it again, so just take this as a lesson learned :).

bloodmerchant 0

what part of 'turn off your cellphone' do you not understand, OP?

That's why they tell you to TURN OFF YOUR PHONE and that if your phone isn't off your score may be cancelled. How is the proctor supposed to know that you just turned it on and that you haven't been texting during the whole test? Yeah, you definitely deserved that one. And if the next time you take the SAT it's a harder verision (because that happens, it's not always an equal degree of difficulty from one exam date to the next), you deserve that too.

BulldogQB4 0

Are you stupid or something? Never risk that. I left mine locked in my car cause I knew I would want to do that. Think ahead.

YDI. What gets me is that it's not even like you turned it on as you were getting up to leave or something, but BEFORE the test was even collected. That's even worse.