By Anonymous - 02/05/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my SAT and was feeling pretty good about it. I decided to turn on my phone, since it was on silent. As the guy was collecting our tests, my phone vibrated a little. My score was cancelled. It was a text from my mom reminding me to turn off my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 390
You deserved it 88 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you ever, ever turn your phone on when still in the room? You deserve that twice.

you deserve that sooo much...they repeat over and over again DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, is it that hard to be away from your cell phone for two seconds in order to take one of the most important tests of your academic life??

Comments

Have you never taken one of those tests? PSAT, ACT, SAT, APs...the directions for all of them specifically say not to turn your phone on. Some tests, I think, even say not to have it in the room. Next time, don't even bring it in...it's not worth the risk. And you're lucky that only your scores got canceled, instead of the entire room's, because then you would have a bunch of other people pissed at you. With that being said, it does suck, especially considering what the text said. And I hate the SATs, and the College Board. But seriously. Next time, don't bring it in the room.

wow that REALLY sucks and i was pissed cuz i couldn't finish my essay. freaking halfway through the last sentence :S but what really sucks was that during th breaks while i took it yesterday, there were people talking on their phones and everything. and nothing happened to them so it sucks for you, sorry dude

InTheAyer 0

cause it would have been dreadful waiting 5 minuted before your out of the room to turn it on

balanceMMX 0

#2 What are you thinking? The OP completely deserves it! I took the SAT yesterday also, and I can't believe someone would be dumb enough to turn their phone on before leaving the room. It's ok though, because you probably would have scored less than 1700 anyway if you would do something like that. Your mistake just serves as an example to everyone to pay attention and THINK before they ACT.

YDI, with all the stress why on earth would you risk getting your test cancelled? Plus why were you so anxious to turn your phone on? What text could be so important that it couldn't wait until you got outside the room?! I wouldn't have even brought my phone into the exam just in case...

@ #73 my phone stays on silent when I turn it off as well. That way it does not make the noise when the phone turns on. If it was an older phone then I could see why this wouldn't make sense.

jadeddream 0

You're a dumbass. Never, NEVER turn on your phone while still in the testing room. When I was taking the ACT, some guy got kicked out for having his watch alarm go off. During a break. Now that's an FML. You, on the other had, deserve it. Better luck next time...

If it was on silent it WOULDN'T VIBRATE! idiot. Clearly you deserve it, and you're trying to change it to make people think you don't to get sympathy. You're pathetic.