By Anonymous - 02/05/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I finished my SAT and was feeling pretty good about it. I decided to turn on my phone, since it was on silent. As the guy was collecting our tests, my phone vibrated a little. My score was cancelled. It was a text from my mom reminding me to turn off my phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 390
You deserved it 88 018

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would you ever, ever turn your phone on when still in the room? You deserve that twice.

you deserve that sooo much...they repeat over and over again DO NOT TURN YOUR PHONE ON UNTIL YOU LEAVE THE BUILDING, is it that hard to be away from your cell phone for two seconds in order to take one of the most important tests of your academic life??

Comments

insane_chick 0

YDI for turning it on when the test wasn't over and in the same room. Still, your mother should have known better than to text you during the SATs. That is so wrong, and irony at its best.

Sounds like the test accurately measured your intelligence and common sense.

really? When I took my SAT's there was a phone that repeatedly rang in the room when the moderator was collecting the tests and nothing was done about it-FYL

Yesterday I actually did the same thing. I turned my phone on, because we had to put ours on the floor, and I would have forgotten to pick it up. All they did was tell me to put my phone away, which I was in the process of doing.

deni_kaos 0

they made us put our phones in a box and then took the box to the next room.

adelaide_evening 0

You're own fault. If you can't follow the simple instruction of turning your cell phone off until you're out of the testing room, when they tell you 4859349853058350 times NOT to have it on and NOT to touch it under any circumstances, then how do you expect to make it in the real world when you have to follow even more difficult orders? When I took mine, they told us we couldn't even have it in the building.

When I took the CBEST, you had to turn in your cell phone at a table and get a ticket to claim it after the test. Maybe they should start to do that for SATs and the like. Either way, you deserved it. Should've known better.

fyinfo 0

YDI. You seriously turned on your cell phone? Really? Wow. And uh, 76. This person probably had their cell phone on silent before they turned it off. Then when they turned it on, it was still on silent. And some silent modes on cell phones aren't completely silent but vibrate instead. But seriously, person, what were you thinking? Now you have to take a 4 hour test over again. It's a pain in the ass the first time... why would you want to jeopardize taking it again just to check your phone?

Haha. You dumbo. Thinking you are going to get any sympathy?? Whateverrr. I took them yesterday too. SuckAssTest.

idiot move! you could just read texts on silent. i mean...duh. no cell phones in those tests.