By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

trish27 0

Yeah that's a pretty ****** line of thinking. My husband is serving over there right now as a soldier, and it's views like that of your mother's that make it so much harder on our troops. You don't have to support the war; but supporting those that put their lives on the line every day sure would be nice...

noah8518 0

Your Mom is an asshole. Possibly one of the biggest. However, the soldier is wrong that YOU should be sorry. Your Mom should have been.

I'm probably the millionth one to say this but of course he'd be angry. Regardless of whether or not the war has a point, men (and women) are still dying over there. Your mother should have been more sensitive to that. The solider didn't have to freak on you though...it was your mother saying it...He's a bastard in this case but who can blame him?...

Wow, i don't know about you guys when it comes to reading FML's, but after reading this one i had to make a comment. I've been checking FML out for about a month now just for a couple laughs cause I'm in Iraq as i'm typing this and i need something to laugh about. I've been reading all the comments and i know most or all soldiers here overseas greatly appreciate your support. As far as soldiers joining after the war, i was one of them, i've only been in for 3 years, i don't brag about it. I'm in it to eventually better my life in the long haul, and as far as being "dumb" i don't think that's the case. I can see that some of us can be misguided in our opinions and some joined as a last resort to change their lives. Before i joined i was at Penn State studying for aerospace engineering, and now i work with helicopters here in Iraq, when i come back i will go back to college and continue, but right now i am doing what i am OBLIGATED to do when i signed the contract. Whether i like it or not, it's my obligation to do it. And for the mother's opinion, it's just her opinion, the soldier who reacted shouldn't have reacted so aggressively. Thanks for the support everyone and for those who don't just at least be a little open minded, you don't have to like us, and honestly i don't care, cause whether you do or not, we'll still be bombed in the middle of the night.

cattoe7 0

you are supported & appreciated=)

Baroness542 6

I thank you for your service. As #92 said, you're supported and appreciated. Stay safe and come home soon.

I´m from Holland, and because of the `The Hague Act´we are next in line to be invaded by your fine military if, god forbid, Americans should ever have to answer for their war crimes. I do not quite understand how someone who does a dangerous job has to be revered automatically, how invading an inferior country under false pretenses is protecting a way of life and why people automatically resort to bullying people into supporting the troops. I understand that war, sometimes, can be the best option and I know that without the Allies all of us Dutchies would be speaking german :). But bullying people into taking your position if they disagree with you, that doesn't look like defending democracy, in fact, quite the opposite. If you don't revere, or respect the millitary because you don't agree with the cause of the war, that's fine. If other people don't like that, there is always discussion. And remember kids: Respect can never be demanded or claimed, it can only be earned.

namelessfew 0

**** him. Your mom is right.

gsm_fml 0

There was a soldier at the vending machine near us whose eyes met mine. The soldier at the vending machine near us met my eyes.

Am i the only one who think the soldier was a **** for mouthing that to this person? I mean.. "he" does not "the mother" make, you know? I would've retracted that "Sorry" if i was the OP.

Same. His mother was pretty outright rude, but the OP definitely didn't deserve that.

fmlcrycrycryfml 0

HAHAHHA dude how is this an FML? i woulda laughed soo hard!!!!! stupid ass soldier

Baroness542 6

It's an FML because the soldier overheard a woman who he was protecting by being in the service calling him a dumbass for being in the military. You think soldiers are dumb? Try living their life.

Dude, that was uncalled for, u need to get a life and learn what the army is all about, who knows what kind of condition the US would be in

The war is not the soldier's fault, it's the higher-ups. But the soldiers still fight so that people like your mom can live. And she still insults them? What a ******* bitch, shit like this pisses me off to no end. I'm not American, I'm not Iraqi, I don't support the war, I'd never insult the soldiers.

I agree with hazygoose 100% most people but especially a large amount of Americans are ignorant of the fact that even though the soldiers don't exactly live in luxury compared to a majority of people not in western countries they do... So even though your mother should not have gone on about it I'm public because it's insensitive to peoples beliefs that soldier is just a giant douchebag so don't worry bout it or he could have PTSD who knows. Just wanna say I don't agree with the Iraq war :P