By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

Your mom is an idiot for not knowing whom she was offending. Soldiers sign up to defend the country and the Constitution (and because there aren't a lot of job opportunities out there.) It's the idiot policy-makers in DC that have created the ****-up. Blame the real culprits!

Your mother is entitled to her opinion. The war was started under false pretenses, has gone on far too long and has done very little good. She did specify she thought the were dumb for *enlisting during the war*. America (and the rest of us that followed along) were the aggressors in this war, the people enlisting are not doing it to defend your country they are doing it to invade another in an unjust war, it sounds pretty dumb to me.

greenltrn2003 0

yeahhh its pretty shameful actually and extremly hypocritical both my parents were in the marines so I was against it but I was under 18 so my opinion didnt have a voice.

You are very ignorant if you think the war has done almost nothing...

what has it done? now we have to find a way to get our troops out safely, w/out them coming after us. Great.

lhgurlz 5

ur retarted...those stupid soldiers put their lives on the line everyday God Bless The Soldiers

PLze the united states soldiers are a bunch of douche bags tht are almost all corupt and whoever thinks this coment is shit they followed BUSH and belived in him plus u fags voted him in power for 2 mufuking election so he could destroy the world more and bow up Iraq then you try to say Pakistan and afghanistan are a bunch of terrorist well dont forget who made them in to terrorist FAGS

Baroness542 6

Umm, corrupt? Doubt it. 3/4ths of my family is in the military, along with my boyfriend and I can honestly say that they're far from corrupt. They're just doing what they think is right by protecting the citizens of their country - you included. And they don't "follow" Bush. True, for 8 years, they had to follow his commands, but they don't necessarily agree with them, but they listened to him anyway because that is what they were trained to do. And, you really have no idea what the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are about, do you? They're not about "blowing up" Pakistan and Afghanistan, they're about setting up a Democracy in Iraq, and destroying the people that threaten the freedom of the US and other countries like the US. And, I fail to see how Bush made Al Qaeda into terrorists... they're a terrorist group who have been around a lot longer than Bush was in office. Anyway, you have the right to your own opinion. And, I have the right to think that your opinion is stupid. Welcome to the wonderful world of politics. Oh, and OP: FYL indeed.

Hey, go **** yourself. I don't know where you come from or rightly care. I'm a US Marine and I am not a corrupt douche bag. There are people in Iraq and Afghanistan that would rape your wife and make you watch. So what's wrong with wanting to kill them? Is there anything wrong with wanting vindication for lives lost on September 11? No there isn't. Also, we wouldn't be in Iraq at all if Saddam Hussein had just let UN inspectors into the country in the first place, instead he said no and we waited an inordinate amount of time, allowing him the time he needed to remove/hide the weapons and make our entry into the country seem unwarranted. I hope you experience an incredibly unjust evil in your life, and when you seek retribution, everyone you know and love denounces your actions. Then you will know how it feels to be blamed for wanting justice in the world. But no, I'm not supposed to say anything like that am I? Because when I do, it makes us all seem like hateful bastards. Yet, if I say nothing at all to defend myself, then 'silence is consent' as they say. Honestly, I don't want that to happen to you. I just want you to open your mind and your eyes and see things from our point of view, the point of view of those of us willing to go to any country in need of help and fight and die for them when they are unable to. The extremists say they don't want us here, yet I've seen and heard civilians and government officials applaud our presence. Speak not, of what you do not know; lest you find yourself in our position one day.

ya they'r a load of douche bags 4 dying 4 ur srry ass when ur sitting here w/ ur nice little computer while theyr out on the battlefield dying-**** u

Baroness542 6

Well said, inadvertant. And, I thank you for your service. Semper Fi.

Nice choice of words. I'm a Marine in Iraq right now. And my computer isn't nice; it's a piece of shit. Hope someone invades you and nobody helps ^.^

ihatestupidppl 0

I think the "nice little computer" comment was directed at #31

ya and i think some ppl read mine wrong-im talkin about #31 whos a complete douche bag not the troops i agree w/ inadvertant srry

crazy_vballr, that was my bad XD statement retracted :P

Is there anything wrong with wanting vindication for lives lost on September 11? Yes there is. Revenge is no real reason to kill. Because what happens when you kills someone's son? They they kill one of yours, you kill one of their's etc.. etc.. This kind of mentality is the path that will lead to humanities destruction. If the only reason you joined the army was to get revenge on some ragheads for 9/11 then FYL. Don't get me wrong. If someones shooting at you then headshot that ************ down! And if you joined the army for all the right reasons then good on you. You have my utmost respect. Unfortunately not everyone has your morals and there are some out there who just want to kill and use 9/11 as an excuse. A poor excuse at that. Those people are the ones you need to watch out for. Because what happens when they return after getting a leg blown off and you piss them off for some or other reason?

Thank you for everything you do. You are not unappreciated everywhere.

to #46, you're an idiot. if you knew anything about history or the middle east, you'd know that saddam huissein had absolutely nothing to do with al quaeda. iraq had a secular dictatorship, the key word there being secular. islamic fundamentalists were their enemies. i have no problem with the mission in afghanistan, but the war in iraq destabilized a country which acted as a counterbalance to iran, which is radically islamic. the war in iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 you dipshit, you get that mixed up with afghanistan. none of the terrorists involved in that tragedy were iraqi, and if you took the time to look, you'd find a multitude of credible news sources to back that up. i hope you feel bad about the 50,000 iraqi civilians killed as a result of this unjust war. saddam was a bad man, he killed kurds , but he kept the religious tensions down. he was an evil in this world, but the lesser evil. and you also think that saddam magically hid all his weapons where no one has been able to find them since? you're sounding more and more like a conspiracy nut. accept the fact that there were no weapons in the first place. the american government lied to us, and it's not the first time that's ever happened. it's a damn shame, but trying to justify it is worse. and i sincerely feel sorry for you that you had to serve in such an unjust war. this sort of reminds me of a quote i like, "war is old men sending young men to die". it's not specific to this discussion, but i hope you think about it nonetheless. anyways, if you ever fight in a war i consider just, (i'm being self-referential here because "just" is so subjective), you'll have my sincere gratitude and respect.

yes cuz #46 is totally going 2 go fight in a war he knows nothing about-perfect sense. i think he knows wat hes doing. hes there 1st hand ur not.

You said: "Is there anything wrong with wanting vindication for lives lost on September 11? No there isn't". Well actually there IS! Did the whole country of Iraq commit that act? No.... There are American soldiers that comitted some horrible acts towards innocent Iraqi people and according to your reasoning they could seek vindication from America? All I see is a vicious circle...

hey you ******* asshole. I would suggest knowing what youre talking about before you say something OK? bush really? did you watch or follow him or the news at all? lets see, 3 1/2 years bush was fine as president, he did a good job. Our economy was close to a high, it was not until the last 6 months of his presidency that our economy started falling. AND, are you really going to call our soldiers douches? why the **** dont you go over to Iraq for months at a time. Why dont you go without seeing your family for months, maybe years. Why the **** dont you go spend each day NOT KNOWING IF YOUR GOING TO WAKE UP THE FOLLOWING DAY. its people like you that **** up this country. So again please know what the **** your talking about BEFORE you say something stupid like this again. Get it? Got it. Good.

Booch43 0

When i first read this remark i knew it was you smykla...there are people in this country that would rape your wife and make you watch....the truth is unless you went in the beginning you don't know how bad they had it. I will not elaborate but damn it's good to know i can pick you out of hundreds of post. who says i don't know my troops...and most people on here don't have a clue, don't get mad, it's funny. i laugh my ass off....you are a crazy SOB though miss you guys..

Time and place. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but some can be reserved for when you're around people close to you I think.

#32 is right. I don't disagree with her opinion, but with such touchy subjects, you can't be talking about it in public places where there may be those people that you're talking about. I don't think she was being rude as it was a private conversation about her opinion, but some people would still be offended hearing it. She should have waited until they were somewhere else, alone. However, I don't think people should be blaming the mom so much. Like no one else here has ever started talking about something/someone and later realized that there were people around it could offend? I doubt everyone blaming the mother looks around at all the people around them when they talk before saying anything that could be considered offensive. If anyone claims they do this every time, their egotistical.

greenltrn2003 0

no because then you learn nothing from the situation if you jus speak in reserves. If the OP's mother knew what happened then now she knows to watch her ****** mouth.

Tell your mother that a Marine in Iraq says "Hey, don't wanna stand behind me? Then come over here and you can stand in front of me."

Why on earth should she do that? She doesn't support the war nor did she enlist in the defense service!

Baroness542 6

That's kind of the point of the saying. If you don't support/respect the troops, you should try living their life for a bit.

But they *chose* that life. She is not required to support them and her lack of support does not mean she is required to try their life. I don't think she doubts the decisions they have made means they have a hard life but they did make the decisions that led them there.

Glazed 0

Your mom is a useless ****, and the worse part is those "stupid" soldiers put their lives on the line everyday to protect the sheltered life that she holds so near and dear. I bet that ignorant bitch drives an SUV too. God Bless the Soldiers

I'm not a fan of war, but i don't think that ur mom was being fair to say that soldiers are dumb because they want to fight for their country and she shouldn't have been so loud and rude about her opinion. The soldier should've been more polite to you, after all, you weren't the one who was saying it. FYL indeed

Really, Maazin? Because I'm pretty sure I've consistantly voted and supported democratic, yet I would never be so disrespectful. Those types of things shouldn't be even thought about the people who work to protect YOU, maazin.

UrStoopid 0

Sorry, I'm on a similar boat...call me a bitch all you want but I'm entitled to my opinion just like all of you! While I sympathize with soldiers who had been enlisted BEFORE the war...but for someone to go & enlist or re-enlist AFTER the war & then want my sympathy because "I'm getting sent to Iraq" won't get it from me. I didn't twist your arm & make you enlist when you know damn well there's a war raging, YOU did it, so YOU accept you're assignment. As for the soldiers risking their lives to protect this country, sorry no, they weren't sent to Iraq to protect the US, they were sent to Iraq to meddle & because of that they're NOW protecting our country...from another country. I still don't get the whole, it's because of the soldiers that we can do this or that...it's actually not because of them. When it comes to stuff like this I don't blame the soldiers, I blame Bush! So for those of you who voted for him & are now bitching about the war...YOU put him in office! I voted the 2nd time around & it was for Gore! I'm sorry. I used to work at an airport & always had families try to guilt trip me into feeling sorry for them & bend rules for them just because their family member was being sent to overseas & I got tired of it. So I guess it's really just the families that I don't really like because they feel that since their family member is off to fight the war that they're entitled to special treatment.

ihatestupidppl 0

So you sympathize with soldiers who enlist before the war, but not the ones who enlist after. So the ones who enlisted before had NO IDEA that they could POSSIBLY EVER be sent to war and those poor poor darlings got tricked into it by Meanie Head Mr. Bush? Please. (And no I don't sympathize with Bush. I wasn't even old enough to vote during either Bush election, but you better believe I would have voted Democrat each time, and I certainly cast my vote for Obama with pride this time around.) And using that logic, OK. Lets say NO ONE ELSE enlists from now on until the war is over. And lets say the war goes on for a VERY long time. What happens when the ones who are already enlisted die (God rest their souls), retire, or their contracts expire and they chose not to renew. What, we just don't have a military anymore because God forbid anyone enlist while a war is going on? We just give up on the whole military concept and let ourselves be taken over because no one should enlist after a war has already started. Good plan. Oh and what about the people who have always wanted to serve, but just HAPPENED to turn 18 AFTER the war started? They're idiots too, for following through with their goals, huh? And sweetie, let me tell you something. My boyfriend is one of those soldiers who enlisted AFTER the war started, and is now in Iraq. And trust me, he doesn't give a crap whether he gets "sympathy" from the likes of you or anyone who thinks like you. A little respect would be nice, but he doesn't expect or demand that either. And as for "it's not because of the soldiers that we can do this or that"...ever heard of the Revolutionary War? If it wasn't for soldiers, we'd still be flying a British flag. When people say "we can do this or that" because of soldiers, they don't mean ONLY today, they mean throughout our military's history. And no, I'm not some kind of war supporter that loves the fact that we're over there. Once again, I have a boyfriend over there and I want him home more than anyone. I just think it's disgusting for people to refer to him as "stupid" or anything else for doing something people like you WOULD NEVER DREAM OF DOING. Thank God for people like my bf, because if the country was full of people like you we'd have serious problems if we were ever attacked again...

I think you entirely missed the point. I apologize if i too have missed the point. The war is internationally unlawful. America Started it for unjust reasons and now is forced to continue it because of the NEW enimies they have made, and the OLD enimies they have enraged. A person who has dreamed of being a soldier forever and turned 18 during the war should look at the situation and realize there is a stupid unjust war happening on foreign soil. maybe the thought "if i enlist now i will get shipped there and i might die for a reason I should not believe in". (and no the reason for the Iraq war is not protecting America... well it didnt use to be) As for supporting soldiers now becuase soldiers in the revolution earned my free speech. WTF kind of logic is that. Yeah we owe a lot to military in general. doesnt mean what they are doing now is worthy of my respect. and if people stop enlisting i can tell you the war will be over sooner than if people keep enlisting. once it is over and America is shamed again for fighting a war they should not have men can enlist again. Then the war is over and your Army can have honor again and be worthy of the respect that your bf doesn't demand or expect. His point was not to give up on the whole military concept it was to give up on a military that is abusing power, much like a father abusing power, deal with the ones abusing, keep the father concept.

Revise my comment: unless you're Canadian or something.