By ILuvYouSoldiers - 26/06/2009 07:57 - United States

Today, at the airport, my mom began talking about how useless the war in Iraq was, and how dumb the soldiers that serve there were for enlisting during the war. The soldier at the vending machine near us caught my eye. I mouthed, "Sorry" and he mouthed, slowly, "You fuckin' better be." FML
I agree, your life sucks 94 469
You deserved it 21 447

Same thing different taste

Top comments

We should ship your mother over to Iraq. God bless our soldiers.

alwaysalady 0

That's awful. I give soldiers hugs and tell them thank you. Your mom needs to learn a little respect.

Comments

Well, its true for the most part. I am sorry its their choice to serve and I respect and support them. But thinking the war is pointless isn't something to get pissed about. And frankly it is pointless.

I hate war. But I have nothing against soilders because they are just trying to protect us. They are very brave, even though they are promoting war. Oh and wtf did was he gonna do to you any way? He'd be arrested faster then anyone else.

SoccerChic7 0

lmao. Soldier getting bitchy, eh? That's hilarious, FYL (:

Hahaha LOL thats funny! I can imagine him giving u the stink eye

Iraq is stupid, the soldiers are not.

WFMS 0

you can't call the whole country stupid it's just certain people.

you're stupid. the country isn't stupid, it's the war

It shouldn't be the soldiers your mother is pissed off with it should be the government. They are the ones who send them over there. They are the ones who screw the soldiers over when they get back. Tell your mom to get her head out her ass and find the real issues instead of just mouthing off when she gets a bee in her bonnet. FYL indeed for having such a stupid mother.. I hope she didn't pass that stupidity over to you.

oh_dear34 0

AMEN. No offense, OP, but your mother is a pathetic, ignorant woman. How dare she insult the extraordinarily brave men and women who are sacrificing their lives for our country! Sounds like your mother is the dumb one; not the soldiers. Poster #3 is right; we should send your mother over to Iraq.

failsatlife6 0

the government is sending them because they VOLUNTEERED to go. its their fault if they get hurt. violence solves nothing.

KISSM3 0

@ 169 - So would it still be their fault if the draft was reinstilled? Just because you volunteer to join the military doesn't mean you choose to go to war. More soldiers don't want to go to war, they do because it's part of their orders.

artcgirl 0

but the draft isnt reinstated...so they still chose to enlist

KISSM3 0

@ 192 - That doesn't mean they choose to go to war. When you're in the military, you get told what to do. The end. You don't exercise your rights, you fight for someone else's.

failsatlife6 0

yes it would. if a draft ensues and you get a card, burn it. adding to the violence only makes it worse.

go_rangers 0

Not necessarily... sometimes people's life situations dictate that joining the military is the only escape. It's unfortunate, but there's a reason the vast majority of soldiers come from poorer, less educated backgrounds. Yes, there is no draft, but that does not mean enlisting was completely voluntary.

failsatlife6 0

war isnt the only option, and its dumb to say that it is someones only escape.

Keep in mind that there are still a lot of Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, Guardsmen and Seamen in service who joined the military well before 9/11, before anyone really saw the wars coming...they just saw the military as a source of guaranteed income on top of serving their country...so no, they did not choose to go to war.

If nobody had the balls to VOLUNTEER wed hold a draft, and your name just might be called, failsatlife

failsatlife6 0

and guess what id do. burn my draft card.

failsatlife6 0

and if there was a draft and my name was pulled, id burn my draft card. or letter. or what ever they send that tells me that i must fight. because violence is pointless and immature. and i refuse to take any part in it.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

noone saw the war coming? seriously? Was there even a decade where america diddn't bully another country? Let's see.. 00's? nope, 2 wars yet. 90's? Nope, one war. 80's? nope, invasion of panama. 70's? nope, vietnam. 60's? nope, vietnam too, and cuba. 50's? nope, Korea. The last decade america was not waging war was in the 1920's, nearly 100 years ago. But nooo, they couldn't possibly expect war when they joined. They joined the military just for ***** and giggles and were completely dumbfounded when the war started. Yeah sure.

Why didn't you tell her to shut the **** up? I belive in free speach but just because you have the freedom to doesn't mean you should. I have the freedom to dump in the middle of my living room if I wanted to but I don't... often.

KISSM3 0

@ 23 - You have the right to freedom of speech because a soldier, at one point in history, fought for that right. It's called respect, learn it.

touchmeteaseme 0

so, I could be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that there was no 'war on free speech' that soldiers fought for so we can now enjoy saying whatever we feel like saying. Ummm... there's this thing called the First Amendment (to the United States Constitution), and that's why we have freedom of speech. We did not have that right at one point. We went to court. We have it now. I'm not saying soldiers aren't great and all that... I'm just saying that your statement that, "You have the right to freedom of speech because a soldier, at one point in history, fought for that right," is wrong.

this makes me sad for the soldier. ;_;

Jeez, even if she doesn't support the war she shouldn't bash on our soldiers. They are the reason she can speak freely about the war without getting shot. Without the soldiers we would have nothing.

Really?! Without soldiers your government would sanction civilians exercising their free speech - you believe this?

Typo - Really?! Without soldiers your government would sanction civilians being shot for exercising free speech - you believe this?

I would assume so, because she said it. Stop being a bitch by attempting to make other people feel stupid through rhetorical questions that only restate precisely what was said. It is true, if there were no soldiers there would be no military, with no military America would be lost to a government that WOULD sanction the execution of outspoken citizens. The poster never said the current government would suddenly start taking on those policies, she warned that a take-over is possible without a military. So, I guess that makes you stupid because, honestly, do you really believe that asking about someone's belief just after they stated what they were makes /them/ sound stupid?

Ofcourse, if America stops wrongfully invading foreign countries the next logical step is that they will invade America. The best defense is a good ofense...These soldiers arent fighting for your freedom of speech, they are attempting to impose freedom of speech on a foreign country...and failing. Freedom comes from within, you cant force it on people. (this doesnt mean you can help when THEY ASK for it)

snowbordnelephnt 0

yeah, actually because if the soldiers went away, we'd be overrun by some communistic or dictated country, and then free speech would be gone.

lmmmr 0

You need a history lesson. America has not been under threat of occupation since 1812. Enough of this "without soldiers" argument. No one is suggesting that soldiers should not exist, simply that they are not the heroes they make themselves out to be. They are fighting an unpopular and unnecessary war, and if you think that that is going to earn them respect, then you are wrong.

alexgisforme3 0

your mom really does sound like a bitch. those soldiers ******* risk their lives to protect this country, and thats what she has to say!!!! sad. very sad. im against the war though, absolutely. just not the soldiers.